• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Does anyone use HTC Sync and CompanionLink on the same phone?

mslisaj

Android Enthusiast
Feb 11, 2010
Klamath Falls, Oregon
I have never used HTC Sync as my data was originally in Palm Desktop. So I got COMPANIONLINK and it has worked flawlessly ever since. But I have used Pocket Mirror to move to Outlook. I like CL's calendar and contacts but it does not sync any data into the Android calendar or contacts. I would like to use those apps too but am worried about conflicts. Has anyone used these two apps together?
Thoughts and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks....
Lisa

but it does not sync any data into the Android calendar or contacts.

The current version of CompanionLink with CL USB Sync will sync all data to the Android Contact list. Please just update your software on the device.

Coming soon, the Calendar will also be updated. Look for an update in early May for this functionality.

Wayland Bruns, CTO
CompanionLink Software, Inc.
Sync contacts, calendar, tasks and notes with Android, iPhone, BlackBerry, Palm, Windows Mobile, Outlook and Google | CompanionLink Software

Upvote 0
Dear Mr. Bruns,
COMPANIONLINK comes through for me again. It's a pleasure to gave such great software and such GREAT support and timely upgrades.
I just went and checked for a newer version and sure enough there was one. I just updated my Hero and the software on its own up dated my Android contacts perfectly. Now I still don't need HTC Sync.
Thanks COMPANIONLINK.....
Lisa

Upvote 0
Wayland, no apologies ever necessary. Your team is so very responsive to any issues that come up. When you say a work in progress, well the whole Android project is a work in progress. CL software is the best part of my Hero. In fact the upgrades are like little presents and I look forward to them. I'm a very satisfied and loyal CL user. Again, please thank your entire team for all their hard work.
Having a calendar addition is a true gift. As your product now does what I purchased it for, and now so much more......
Thanks again...

Lisa. :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones