Does anyone use HTC Sync and CompanionLink on the same phone?

Last Updated:

1. mslisaj

mslisaj Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have never used HTC Sync as my data was originally in Palm Desktop. So I got COMPANIONLINK and it has worked flawlessly ever since. But I have used Pocket Mirror to move to Outlook. I like CL's calendar and contacts but it does not sync any data into the Android calendar or contacts. I would like to use those apps too but am worried about conflicts. Has anyone used these two apps together?
    Thoughts and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks....
    Lisa

Advertisement
  2. Clcto

Clcto Active Member

The current version of CompanionLink with CL USB Sync will sync all data to the Android Contact list. Please just update your software on the device.

Coming soon, the Calendar will also be updated. Look for an update in early May for this functionality.

Wayland Bruns, CTO
    CompanionLink Software, Inc.
    Sync contacts, calendar, tasks and notes with Android, iPhone, BlackBerry, Palm, Windows Mobile, Outlook and Google | CompanionLink Software

3. mslisaj

I do have the latest version but when I sync my CL contacts and calendar work perfectly but it deletes 90% of my contacts. They have never been filled in properly either.
    Should I reload the program? I love CL and wish it would do my Android contacts.
    Again any advice on how to fix this would be appreciated.
    Lisa

4. mslisaj

Dear Mr. Bruns,
    COMPANIONLINK comes through for me again. It's a pleasure to gave such great software and such GREAT support and timely upgrades.
    I just went and checked for a newer version and sure enough there was one. I just updated my Hero and the software on its own up dated my Android contacts perfectly. Now I still don't need HTC Sync.
    Thanks COMPANIONLINK.....
    Lisa

5. Clcto

Clcto Active Member

That's great news Lisa!

We are doing a lot of work on the software. I apologize for our "growing pains" but the changes will be worth it. Count on A LOT of new functionality soon.

Wayland

6. mslisaj

Wayland, no apologies ever necessary. Your team is so very responsive to any issues that come up. When you say a work in progress, well the whole Android project is a work in progress. CL software is the best part of my Hero. In fact the upgrades are like little presents and I look forward to them. I'm a very satisfied and loyal CL user. Again, please thank your entire team for all their hard work.
    Having a calendar addition is a true gift. As your product now does what I purchased it for, and now so much more......
    Thanks again...

Lisa. :D

7. Clcto

Clcto Active Member

Thanks Lisa! I'm going to put your post on our "Wall of Fame". It will be a great inspiration to the programming team this week. If you get a chance, please remember to ping our star rating in Android Marketplace.

mslisaj likes this.
  8. mslisaj

Hi Wayland........

I meant every word of that and I appreciate being included on your "Wall of Fame". Thank you guys for all you do and You know I give you the highest stars and comments on the "Market" too..........