Does anyone use the MyTouch 3G dock for their Sprint Hero?

Last Updated:

1. dvdqnoc

dvdqnoc Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I am thinking about purchasing a MyTouch dock to use with my Sprint Hero, but I'd like to know from people who already use it. Does it fit the Hero well? Perfectly? Not at all? Is there a distinct "click" when it is plugged in, like what you feel when inserting a usb cable? Is it firm? Wobbly?

Pictures/videos would be greatly appreciated.

FYI, I would not be using a case with this dock. Just naked Hero.

Advertisement
  2. doublebullout

doublebullout Well-Known Member

I have two -- one for home, one for work. The Hero doesn't really fit IN the dock because the MyTouch is shaped differently, but it fits well enough to make contact and charge. It's a little wobbly. If you're really picky, you probably won't like it. It works fine though.

3. dvdqnoc

How wobbly is it? Is it unstable enough to cause the Hero's usb port to become weak and loose after a long time of use? That's my biggest concern.

If you have two - one for one, one for the office - I'm guessing it does a pretty darn good job.

4. doublebullout

doublebullout Well-Known Member

No, it won't cause any damage or loosening to the USB port on the Hero. The connector just fits right in; it's not supposed to fit as snugly as the plug on the power adapter USB cable.

5. dvdqnoc

Is the phone supported just by the usb portion of the dock, or does the back of the hero rest on the dock as well? If so, I can imagine this dock as being pretty stable...

6. 702DROID

702DROID Well-Known Member

it works good....i found that with a lil die grinder on the plastic you can trim it to fit the hero nice and snug

7. dvdqnoc

What's a die grinder? Could you elaborate on this?

8. 702DROID

702DROID Well-Known Member

like a dremel tool ...lil sander...etc etc etc

9. dvdqnoc

So I just recieved mine in the mail, and yes it does fit my Hero. However, as everybody mentioned, the Hero does not seem to go in that very deep. Therefore, there are times when I dock the phone, and it does not charge. And I have to wiggle it a bit to make it charge.

What is a good solution to this? For trimming plastic, what part of the dock should I trim and in what way?