Does anyone who has received the OTA have the audio bug?General

Last Updated:

1. NPH-

NPH- Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I sincerely hope that this audio bug isn't present....

Everyone keeps saying that the OTA is exactly like v3... I hope this isn't the case

I had my audio go silent on me 7 times in one day with v3

Advertisement
    jeffyo likes this.
  2. thenestor

thenestor Well-Known Member

I'm just subscribing because this is exactly the question I want answered as well, even though it might take a few days before someone with the OTA gets the bug...

3. dragonbro

dragonbro Well-Known Member

Knock on wood, I have not had any "silent" issues with any of the leaked OS.

4. thenestor

This is slightly off-topic, but since you have NOT had the silent bug... Do you use the airplane mode trick to fix the "time without a signal"?

5. xAusTiN

xAusTiN Well-Known Member

I've used all 3 leaks, and had the silent audio bug on v2. I then reflashed my phone with the same leak and it never happened again. Moved on to v3 and it's still ok.

I don't know why, but sometimes the leaks can cause different bugs different times you flash it.

So if I were you, I'd just reflash my phone and see if that does anything, can't hurt.

6. homer169

homer169 Well-Known Member

My phone seems to make plenty of noise. The only real sound issue I seem to have is the phone call audio seems to be wavy when using a wired headset or wired to my car stereo.

7. dragonbro

dragonbro Well-Known Member

Totally off topic, you're right :D I do have the 50% bug and yes I use airplane mode to fix it.

8. thenestor

I finally called Verizon today regarding the audio loss bug, and they said it's documented, it's not a software issue, it's a hardware issue, they're sending a replacement phone. 2.1 brings it to the surface, but is supposedly not the cause.

9. MOS95B

MOS95B Well-Known Member

I'm not sure if that's good news or not. I really don't want to go through the hassle of swapping phones. Especially since I am well beyond 30 days....

Neat thing is, since my Wife's Eris has never been "leaked", the theory can be tested at my place. If she gets the bug after updating, we know Verizon is grasping at straws...