Does App2SD work with Galaxy S?

1. firefox73

firefox73 Well-Known Member

Hi

I'm trying to download App2SD on my rooted Samsung Galaxy S phone which is in the UK and Sim Free.

I've tried the QR code, Android Market and also their website to email myself the link.

However, I am always prompted with the Android Market Search page, which says:

"There are no matches in Android Market for the search: pname:com.a0soft.gphone.app2sd

Suggestions:

Make sure all words are spelled correctly
    Try different keywords
    Try more general keywords"

Any suggestions why this may be and how I can get App2SD to install? I thought perhaps the .apk file if anyone knows where this can be downloaded and also where and how I should install it (external/internal memory)?

Kind regards

Advertisement
    :
  2. warphantom

warphantom New Member

I downloaded it last weekend from the Market without any problems and
    it worked fine when I tried it on my rooted phone with Froyo firmware I9000XXJPC.
  3. firefox73

Thanks Warphantom

I've JM1 but running rooted 2.1. I wonder if it needs to be 2.2 or whether the app is just off the market for some reason?
  4. warphantom

warphantom New Member

App2sd only works with 2.2 Froyo
    firefox73 likes this.
  5. firefox73

Thanks for that.

Is there a way then to store large files and apps on the SD card of a 2.1 Galaxy S, such that they can still be accessed by their application icon?

I thought I may be able to copy the files across to the external drive but didn't seem to work pre-rooting. Does the fact that it is now rooted open up this opportunity? I've got a number of apps with a >3GB of associated files. Absolutely chokes up the 8Gb internal memory.

Thanks and look forward to your suggestions.
  6. voodooochild

voodooochild Well-Known Member

there isnt a way that i am aware at all, that is one of the main features of the 2.2 release that apps can now be stored to an SD card.