• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Does ATK help or hurt your battery??

Does ATK help or hurt your battery life?

• I get better battery life with ATK

Votes: 16 66.7%
  • I get batter battery life without ATK

Votes: 8 33.3%
  • I get better battery life with ATK

Votes: 16 66.7%
  • I get batter battery life without ATK

Votes: 8 33.3%

• Total voters
Alright well i figured i'd post a poll to help finally end the debate on if advanced Task Killer, or another generic task killer, helps or hurts your battery. Personally i have been using it on and off the last few days and i get better battery with it not running. HOWEVER, if i also include ATK to kill itself everytime i run it, my battery life goes way up and encompasses more than a day. What are your guys experiences??? Please only submit if you have actually experimented with using both to keep the data accurate :D

Not sure how it's possible for ATK to HURT your battery life... the program kills itself as well as several others, so how is it possible that it takes MORE battery life when your phone is running less programs?

If someone sets ATK to ignore itself and then sets it to periodically kill programs (ie wake up periodically), then it will absolutely kill the battery faster than not running ATK.

Of course, as has been mentioned earlier, if the programs you want to kill are waking up the phone more often than ATK would then ATK would actually save the battery in comparison.

Personally I turn the automated feature off and run it manually, so the question is a bit simplistic and difficult to answer.

Upvote 0
I use task panel. After using ATK for a week, I had no difference in my battery life and I kept having to close out the apps. Unlike with task panel. The apps stay closed and you can keep which ones to keep running and which apps to automatically "kill."

And my battery lasts longer with it. Lastnight it had 80% when I took it off charge at 11:30, and this morning around 11:30 is when it needed to be charged again. So, 12 hours isn't bad at all for a smartphone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones