Does atrix 2 have a led notification light?General

1. moto7343

moto7343 New Member

I haven't heard confirmation one way or the other.

Advertisement
  2. Kuhns787

Kuhns787 Well-Known Member

I too would like to know this?
  3. Hydrated

Hydrated Member

Yes, it does have one. It's on the upper right corner of the phone's face.
  4. kilasix9

kilasix9 Well-Known Member

Yupe. Confirmed.
  5. tyneusch

tyneusch Well-Known Member

LED notification is a feature that I missed in my other non-moto phones. I love this feature, especially if you use an app like handsent for text messages. It allows you to customize the LED color if you wish. I am sure there are plenty of others out there that also do this but that is the one on the top of my list.
  6. Hydrated

Hydrated Member

Can someone tell me how to change the LED notification color for different apps (specifically Gmail)? I found the setting for Handcent... but I want to choose different colors for each event... like blue for SMS message... green for email... white for missed call... etc.

Is this available in the stock phone settings?
  7. tyneusch

That I know of, there is not a way to change the LED through an app unless it is an app specifically built for a certain function. Handsent would be one that you can change the color for texts. Meaning you would need one for missed calls, gmail etc..

There is not a way to do this through the phones system. I dont know that the LED color was intended to change from the red/green/orange that currently comes stock.
  8. chicknlil

chicknlil Well-Known Member

There was a thread about just this subject in the Atrix 4G forums.

The app in question is called Light Flow, and has a "donate" version for $1. Based on that previous thread and the reviews on the market, the developer is very responsive/helpful, so if it doesn't work quite right on the A2, I'm sure he'll be able to get it to.
    Hydrated likes this.
  9. ozziedog

ozziedog Member

Well is LED on the A2 active by default, because it doesnt work on the A2 I have. It is right out of the box and it doesnt do anything either for messages or calls. No screen protector on it.
  10. tyneusch

Mine was active right out of the box. I know this because prior to downloading handsent and changing my text LED to blue I was receiving multiple green LED notifications and thought they were just emails.

Take it back and tell them that they gave you a faulty one!!
  11. ozziedog

ozziedog Member

Well I just left the AT&T store they wouldn't exchange it they told me their is nothing wrong with phone that A2 on AT&T has NO LED Message light that it is a face sensor. After an hour of talking with them they wouldn't change.
  12. chicknlil

chicknlil Well-Known Member

Then call up 611 and speak to a rep.
  13. Mytwuk

Mytwuk New Member

My led notification works as well, no problems here.
  14. ozziedog

ozziedog Member

Well I called 611, and they were no help. The AT& T rep was reading off a que card or so it sounded like. He refered me back to Motorola. Motorola refered me back to AT&T and I went full circle. The store where I bought the thing wont exchange it they claim its a face sensor and not a LED light. LightFlow doesnt work on it so I'm stuck with a high end phone that doesnt have all the stuff working. On a good note its has great reception and screen looks great.
  15. tyneusch

I am sorry to say, but they are wrong. The LED indicator is a status light for the phone (text, email, missed calls etc.) I would call back and complain or ask to speak to a manager.
  16. dasfiend

dasfiend Member

As Ty said, definitely call and bitch. Sorry for the blurrycam but here's a picture of my Atrix 2 and the LED notification light. Maybe you can use it to force them into doing the right thing.

Or....as a new user I cannot post links or images. PM me I'll hopefully be able to send you the information.
  17. ozziedog

ozziedog Member

I now have an Atrix 2 with a working LED message light, thats for all the advise. Everything else is working great on it also.
  18. dasfiend

dasfiend Member

Did you get a new phone or was it a software tweak?
  19. ozziedog

ozziedog Member

It was a new one and everything is working great.
  20. VentureForth

VentureForth Well-Known Member

In the Motorola manual, it is called a "Message Light". I believe I've seen it flash green and red. I don't know if other colors are available. But so far, I think it only worked with their proprietary email app, as I cannot verify that it works with K9 or even the stock Gmail app (Funny they give you two stock email apps).
  21. macgiobuin

macgiobuin Well-Known Member

Yes there is a notification light, and it will give you a variety of options if you use the "Light Flow" app.
  22. VentureForth

Light Flow is great - but you must root your phone.
  23. macgiobuin

macgiobuin Well-Known Member

I didn't have to root my phone to use Light Flow.
  24. tyneusch

The LED notification, if working properly, should flash for a few different notifications on your Atrix 2 with out any app triggering it.

Green - Emails (Gmail and Other), Messages - text or vm, and missed calls
    Red - battery almost dead
    Orange - battery low indicator

There are a few apps out there that allow you to customize the LED color to your liking. Handsent (text messaging app) allows you to change to color for texts only.
  25. VentureForth

Even Better. :)

It works quite nice for me.

This is very true, out of the box. However, if you use other apps, like K-9, they won't trigger the LED.