Does ATT salesperson earn commission by selling off-contract phone (higher price)?

Last Updated:

1. underxb

underxb Member This Topic's Starter

Does ATT salesperson earn commission by selling off-contract phone (higher price)?

Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. nikkisaurusrex

nikkisaurusrex Active Member

yes of course! even the call center people get commission for adding features.

3. underxb

underxb Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks!

4. aconrad86

aconrad86 Well-Known Member

Actually AT&T reps only get sommission on accessories upgrades actuvations and features. I worked at AT&T for a while and unless something has changed since I quit working there they don't get paid for just selling a phone. The reason reps push nicer phones is because they can sell you more feature/ accessories for them

5. chrisinsocalif

chrisinsocalif Well-Known Member

Sales persons make the commissions not the people in customer care. They make money off of tenure, so they push new activations, features or contract extensions, not from selling a phone.

6. ddoolin

ddoolin Well-Known Member

That's why I hated going in there to buy my iPhone. I knew I would probably be buying the cheapest plan and not anything but the phone and I figured I'd be given the sales roll. I ended up buying a crappy case, but to be honest the guy was really nice and up-front so I didn't feel too bad. I even used the case for a few months.

:)