• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Does Beautiful Widgets weather run independantly?

I know there have been some problems with BW updating but my question is, does it's capability run on its own or does it rely on the pre-installed weather files? Just trying to clean up my ROM and remove as many apps as possible.

As a side note, please everyone try dsixda's kitchen. I've removed News, Stocks, Friend Stream and Google Talk. All the apps that I was told not to remove, in addition to all the bloatware and other junk I don't use.

Kitchen
[KITCHEN][AUGUST 16 '10] HTC Android Kitchen, v0.86 [Linux / Mac / Windows] - xda-developers

What I've removed so far
xda-developers - View Single Post - Apps that are ok to remove with root

This may or may not answer your question...

I use Beautiful Live Weather's Live Wallpaper - which uses the included Grass Live Wallpaper - and had the same problem - the weather would not adjust. So somehow I suspect that BW is linked with some files already on the phone but not others.

The filx was adjusting weather settings in Beautiful Home Weather...even though I don't use the Beautiful Home Weather widget.

After adjusting in Beautiful Home Weather, tap Save & Apply...then if you don't want the date/time/weather widget showing, drag it off the screen to remove.

Now Grass has Weather...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones