Does bluetooth work at all?Support

Last Updated:

1. Weedyapl

Weedyapl Member This Topic's Starter

Hey all i cant see to get my G1 to actually locate any bluetooth devices at all be it a bluetooth headset, PDA or other phone. Yet my PDA can see the G1 perfectly fine but when i attempt to connect it says the G1 has no ability to do anything out of the 4 options e.g file transfer etc, use as modem..

Is there anything else im doing wrong my headset can be found by my motorola mobile just fine?

I see people can get things to pair but i cant even get that far. Is there bluetooth settings somewhere else i dont know about?

Advertisement
  2. SK.

SK. Well-Known Member

Hi

A search of the site could have answered this for you as it's been covered many times

Bluetooth for the G1 is only enabled for headset currently and nothing else. I haven't had trouble connecting either of the two BT headsets I have so no issues for me.

One is a Sony Ericsson and one is a Nokia headset

3. Weedyapl

Yes i have already searched the forum but i cant even connect to headsets at all. My problem is I can't see any bluetooth objects at all. This would seem abnormal because even other users can see mobile phones they just can't pair up.

4. crater

crater Active Member

Have you checked on how to put your headset into pairing mode? I've never had a problem using a BT headset with my G1.

5. Weedyapl

Sure have i have a Jabra BT135, my motorola picks it up just fine (have just tested and i have the manual). For some reason the Android OS wont pick up any bluetooth devices for me at all. I also have a motorola bluetooth headset which it fails to see :( .

The problem is definately with the Android OS because my PDA can see my G1 but it just wont let me connect says there is no functionality on my G1.

6. Weedyapl

Fixed. Faulty phone. Took it back and got it swapped over this new one works perfectly.

So anybody if your G1 doesn't find ANY bluetooth objects at all when you KNOW it should. Take it back, chances are its faulty like mine.

Thanks for your help everyone.

7. Francescamice

Francescamice Member

:D
    Guys dont know if iam losing the plot here - i have tried to connect my G1 to my pc and it has "paired" fine - yet when I try and transfer a picture to my G1 from my pc the wizard says file transfer unsuccesful, and my G1 says unable to connect via usb?????
    can anybody advise please - its definately paired with my pc, so what am i doing wrong??

fran:mad:

8. MzBlack

MzBlack Well-Known Member

G1 only supports bluetooth headsets, no file transfers as of yet...

9. Francescamice

Francescamice Member

:(well thats crap the technology on this phone - i thought it would be able to transfer via other mobile devices and pcs!!!
    when is this likely to be available??

10. Goooooooooogle

Goooooooooogle Well-Known Member

The G1 only does headsets through Bluetooth? Why? What's with the iPhone-like restrictions?

11. Ageless Stranger

Ageless Stranger Well-Known Member

There are no restrictions, the code to transfer files and talk to stereo headsets simply isnt there on the phone. There was a security issue with the bluetooth stack prior to release, so Google had three options. One release the phone with the flaw, Two release the phone without the full stack or three delay Launch. Google took the best option in my opinion

12. deadite66

deadite66 Well-Known Member

are they making any changes in the code towards fixing this?

13. Ageless Stranger

Ageless Stranger Well-Known Member

Yes, it's part of the infamous cupcake update, bet let's not go there. The last cupcake saga gave me headaches

14. punkzanyj

punkzanyj Well-Known Member

direct quote(bold is mine):
    source:
    http://source.android.com/roadmap/cupcake

15. Weedyapl

You can connect your G1 to pc via USB for file transfer but you have to mount it (like linux). So when you plug it in, look up the top where the notifications are, slide it down with your finger and select connect with USB or whatever it says :)

Now it will appear as a drive on your pc

16. Mr Bloppy

Mr Bloppy Well-Known Member

17. SK.

SK. Well-Known Member

Pocket lint is not a dodgy site for a start and seriously you should have searched before posting the same message in different forums.

It was mentioned in the Updates and Cupcakes section of the forum