• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Does chomp SMS have a call sender feature?

dansperry

Lurker
Nov 3, 2010
Hi, First I gotta say, "I love my EVO". I was using a treo755 and holy !*!%!#, why did i wait so long to upgrade. Anyhow, I'm using Chomp and as far as I can tell there is no way to call a sender of a text while in Chomp. If this feature doesn't exist then, is there an SMS app that has it? Your help is greatly appreciated. Dan

In the conversations list, press and hold on the contact/number to call (in the text portion, not the contact picture), and it should display a menu will Call XXX as the first option.

Inside a conversation, press and hold on any bubble, and it should bring up a menu, with Call as one of the options. If it's a contact in your address book, you can also just tap the contact picture at the top, and a toolbar will slide in.

At least, that's how it works on my X.

Edit: Just tried tapping on contact picture in coversations list, and it also shows a toolbar, if the contact is in your address book. If not in address book, will ask if you want to add to an existing contact, or add a new contact.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones