Does Dinc meet the recommended hardware for 3.0?General

1. kisby

kisby Well-Known Member

I'm thinking yes, but want confirmation before I buy. I want to make sure that when gingerbread comes out my Dinc will handle it.

Advertisement
  2. rsarno

rsarno Thank Me, Im Irish! VIP Member

good question, subscribed
  3. closhedbb

closhedbb Well-Known Member

I don't remember off the top of my head what the required specs are, but I do remember reading them and thinking, "Awesome, the Dinc is good to go for Gingerbread".
  4. Mastermind

Mastermind Well-Known Member

5. Syv3n

Syv3n Well-Known Member

Her we go:
    • Android 3.0 Gingerbread will be released in mid- October (around 15 -16th), 2010. First handsets shipping in November/December – for the Holiday Season.
    • Minimum hardware requirements for Android 3.0 devices are: 1GHZ CPU, 512MB or RAM, displays from 3.5” and higher. (We all, of course, heard that Android handsets with 2GHz CPU’s are coming)
    • New 1280
    Mastermind likes this.
  6. cp1

cp1 Well-Known Member

Google said that whole story was just a rumor.
  7. kisby

kisby Well-Known Member

So, the answer is yes, Incredible meets the requirements for 3.0. But even faster phones with bigger, better hardware are coming? Makes me wonder if I should just pay the extra $50, and get only a one year contract. In a year, my dinc may be old news.
  8. wtfdan

wtfdan Well-Known Member

Yes that thing up there IS a rumor
    Google hasn't released any spec about Gingerbread yet
  9. sta7ic

sta7ic Well-Known Member

uhhh thats definitely not true. They've shown off many of the features that are coming past froyo. Unlike apple, google likes to show off whats coing.
  10. euph_22

euph_22 Well-Known Member

Android 3.0 (Gingerbread) mininmum requirements debunked

11. killadanny

killadanny Well-Known Member

Yes, will we get it? Probably not.
  12. adrynalyne

adrynalyne Well-Known Member

Setting aside the rumor debate (no, google has not confirmed the required specs), do you really think that if we did get 3.0, it would run worth a damn?

I am betting not.
  13. FramCire

FramCire Well-Known Member

I love an Eclair as much as the next guy, however why do I care a lick about Gingerbread until I have Froyo?
  14. Mahalo

Mahalo Well-Known Member

I've always renewed my contracts after a year. I don't get the additional "New every two" bonus (woot, wtf, $50?) but I get the new contract prices. I don't see why this would stop.
  15. Pretkomel

Pretkomel Well-Known Member

I will have another phone by then.
  16. question729

question729 Well-Known Member

First i got $100.00 for NE2. Then it was tiered to $50. Now It's down to $30.00. All while paying more each month than I ever had. Oh well, better than nothing, right?
  17. cp1

cp1 Well-Known Member

On the phandroid site they have a picture of a "gaming phone". If the story is true (and not all or even many are on that site), then 3.0 will be out by October(!), and the phone they're showing isn't that different from the incredible.
  18. sabrewings

sabrewings Well-Known Member

Those aren't minimum specs. They came back to say (after the media uproar) that those are the recommended specs. Big difference.
  19. euph_22

and remember that the Nexus one is the dev phone for android, and was google's baby. I'll bet you anything gingerbread will run decently on the N1. Ho-ho (or whatever H dessert it will be) might be another story.
  20. cp1

cp1 Well-Known Member

Forget Ho-ho, I'm worried about Strawberry short cake! (15.4)
  21. killadanny

killadanny Well-Known Member

maybe a whole new google phone?
  22. mrjinglesusa

mrjinglesusa Well-Known Member

We don't even have FROYO yet and you are wondering if the Inc will run Gingerbread? Really?

Even if it can, we wouldn't get it until LATE 2011 at the earliest.

Let's focus on Froyo. Once we get that and the novelty wears off (shouldn't take long) we can start thinking about Gingerbread.

;)
  23. euph_22

Ok, I agree that we should deal with first things first (IE bug fix update and froyo). But gingerbread isn't that far off.

Google is planning on releasing gingerbread late THIS YEAR. Depending on whether gingerbread really does away with different manufacturer UI's gingerbread could out WAY faster than froyo did.
  24. richb82

richb82 Well-Known Member

Just because Google is planning on rolling out an OS doesn't mean VZ and HTC are going to get it out right away. Again, look at Froyo. Where is that again? Not on my phone, I know that much.
  25. mrjinglesusa

mrjinglesusa Well-Known Member

This.