• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Does droid bionic have sim card slot?

It's not that simple. There is a SIM slot, but you can't use the phone on a GSM network without modifying it. Check the root section for details.

Do I have to root the entire phone just for this one thing??? I have a tmobile sim card I've been using on my other tmobile prepaid phone and the sim card has like 500 minutes. So I can't take out the sim card and just put it in the bionic? Can you link me to how to make it work with my tmobile sim card?

Upvote 0
Do I have to root the entire phone just for this one thing??? I have a tmobile sim card I've been using on my other tmobile prepaid phone and the sim card has like 500 minutes. So I can't take out the sim card and just put it in the bionic? Can you link me to how to make it work with my tmobile sim card?

No, the Bionic does not have a GSM radio so it will not work.

Edit: Looks like I missed some info. Follow the link below.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones