1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Does Email on Droid load all messages like outlook

Last Updated:

1. jeanninerdh

jeanninerdh New Member This Topic's Starter

I have a hotmail account with a lot of saved messages...not sure why, but I keep them. Anyway, I want to synch with my droid, but don't want to waste space on the droid with the old messages. My question is...does the email app work like Outlook and download all the messages to the phone?

Also, if I forward my emails from hotmail to gmail will that accomplish my goal to get new messages without wasting space.

Sorry for a dumb question, but I am not sure exactly how this stuff works.

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. Taterus Maximus

Taterus Maximus Well-Known Member

Can't speak for Hotmail, but I use my Gmail account on my Hero. Forwarding will get you your new messages, and I haven't noticed my Gmail taking up a lot of space. I suggest playing around with the settings in Gmail, there should be a setting to delete from the phone only. I can tell you that Gmail is very fast with these phones, I'll get my mail on my phone before I do on my pc. There's also no loss of functionality, you can move mail to different labels, delete messages and everything else.

3. KlaymenDK

KlaymenDK Well-Known Member

Forwarding emails would change all the time stamps, of course.

Does Hotmail do IMAP? If it does, you could use a (pc-based) email client to configure BOTH your Hotmail and your GMail accounts as IMAP, and then drag-and-drop everything across. This way, you would preserve time stamps, folder structures, etc. :cool:

4. hempwallace

hempwallace Well-Known Member

When I set up my Hotmail using the HTC mail program on my Hero it only brought in new messages, not those that had already been read.