Does Epic have Att galaxy S signal problems too?

Last Updated:

1. jazzman09

jazzman09 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

When you pick up the att galaxy s phone it drops 2 or 1 bars very quickly, was wondering if this is solved in epic 4g galaxy s pro version?

Advertisement
  2. Puddin422

Puddin422 Well-Known Member

I haven't heard anything about this, but with Sprint, you only need ANY amount of signal to have good, clear calls. It's kind of ON or OFF with our type of network.

3. dietcoke

dietcoke Banned

Do you have a Galaxy S phone?

Yes, if you hold them in your left hand, they go from full signal bars to zero....but I've never dropped a call or lost service.

But it's funny to watch it happen. It's just like an iPhone.

4. Puddin422

Do you have a purpose here? A useful one?

5. dietcoke

dietcoke Banned

Yes, I have a Galaxy S phone and am responding to the OP's question with my firsthand knowledge on the specific subject.

You don't have anything to contribute to the topic so go away TROLL.

6. kristv

kristv Well-Known Member

Actually, you aren't answering the OP's question with firsthand knowledge...unless you have an Epic and aren't telling us? The OP didn't ask if other Galaxy S phones have an issue, they asked specifically about the Epic. Who's being the troll??? This is getting ridiculous....

7. dietcoke

dietcoke Banned

If you don't have a Galaxy S phone then please remove yourself from the discussion. Thanks! :)

8. Adrift

Adrift Well-Known Member

So do you have an Epic 4G, dietcoke?

9. ben7337

ben7337 Well-Known Member

This discussion is about the EPIC 4G, let's use logic and state that if you don't have an EPIC 4G please leave this discussion. Thank you for your cooperation with reason.

10. dietcoke

dietcoke Banned

Please respond with your firsthand knowledge of Galaxy S phones that have signal problems. I have.

In so far as much it's clear:
    forddna
    kristv
    Adrift
    ben7337

Are here to not give any useful info regarding the topic at all, but to instigate and cause unnecessary forum problems. A violation of forum rules and the forums definition of a troll.

Please will a mod clean up the clutter in this thread.

11. Regalicious

Regalicious Well-Known Member

I have a Captivate. If I cover the antenna with my hand (mid-bottom region of phone), my bars go down in an area of low signal. In areas with strong signal, nothing happens. I found forddna's post useful and informative about Sprint's network, which is more relevant than what happens on AT&T or T-Mobile's network.

12. Eazail70x7

Eazail70x7 Well-Known Member

This thread is not asking about if the Vibrant or Captivate are affected, its asking if the Epic 4G is affected and we don't know this yet.

Also, I foresee you getting banned soon if you keep it up (Your trolling)

13. ben7337

ben7337 Well-Known Member

I would just like to add that since the EPIC and Fascinate are CDMA and the Vibrant and Captivate are GSM, the antennas are guaranteed to be completely different. This means that ONLY the Epic 4G matters to this thread. No matter what you say based on experience with the vibrant or captivate, it is worthless data and misinforming people to say anything other than that none of the reviews mentioned signal issues, or that we currently know nothing about such a potential issue. Yes this is directed at dietcoke whose posts make up over 1/3 of all the posts in this thread and only one of which actually even attempts to help anyone, and even that is misguided. So please stop pointing fingers. Thanks.

14. Puddin422

I gave info specific to Sprint, which is the network the Epic will be on. Since you did not give any input on the Sprint network or the Epic, I gave more useful info than you.

Pot, meet kettle..

jen8112 likes this.
  15. SoFLO

SoFLO Guest

Cool the jets guys.

16. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

What SoFLO said.

I'd also like to remind you that this is the Samsung EPIC 4G forum, and that the thread topic is "Does Epic have ATT Galaxy S signal problems too?" Discussion of the Galaxy S itself should be taken to the appropriate forum.

Additionally, any wannabe-moderators might want to rethink their attitude while reviewing the Forum Rules (and the above paragraph).

Thank you for your co-operation.

jxr94 likes this.
  17. jazzman09

jazzman09 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

wow guys I didn't mean to start all this trouble, just wanted to know from any first hand knowledge if the phone had the same antenna thing att captivate has?

18. Eazail70x7

Eazail70x7 Well-Known Member

I'm assuming this is mostly in response to Dietcoke. His latest post in this thread probably got reported a couple times (I have no way to tell of course).

While I can see you have a valid concern, I don't think there's anyway for us to know the answer to your question yet

Adrift likes this.
  19. Araliss

Araliss Well-Known Member

I have the Samsung Epic. My husband has the HTC EVO. He almost always has more bars then me. And I pull anywhere from 9.9 k/Bs to 50, he's pulling 50 to 100 k/BS. I normally get 1 to 0 bars at home, he gets 2 to 3. I'm not sure why the Epic's signal is so weak. And I have had one call dropped and several where people were breaking up and couldn't hear me or I them.

Anyone else?

20. megabiteg

megabiteg Well-Known Member

I can't speak for the general population but at least here in Boston, even in places where my old phone (Sam$ung intercept) wouldn't get service, I'm getting services and reliable data connection.

I'm pretty much happy with the phones Radio Performance.

21. ranova

ranova Well-Known Member

I have the samsung captivate. Yes the bars drop when you hold it, BUT I have NEVER dropped a call even with a steady 0 bars. When I had the iphone 4 for 3 weeks, I would get constant drops holding it "normally"

Bars mean nothing