Does every Droid have gap on left side? it's annoying

Last Updated:

1. Keyser-Soze

Keyser-Soze Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

My droid haas a slight gap one left side when closed. when I tap on the screen the gap closes a little then opens, giving an annoying "springyness" to my tapping. It's very annoying.

After owning a first gen iphone and a pre, the droid is my favorite. But if this problem only occurs on a fraction of droids i'd like to consider an exchange.

Advertisement
  2. AndroidsOfTara

AndroidsOfTara Well-Known Member

My Droid also has the gap. It bothered me a great deal when I got it, but not so much now. It also has a bit a bit of a "springy" feeling.... when I press too hard. You're not using a resistive touch screen. You're using a capacitive touch screen that registers the lightest touch.

I think you're pressing too hard.

3. altimax98

altimax98 Well-Known Member

Its a slight gap, but nothing major

4. messenger13

messenger13 Well-Known Member

I think you're "tapping" it too hard.

5. sooper_droid12

sooper_droid12 Well-Known Member

+1. It's a touch screen, not a tap screen.

6. Needsdecaf

Needsdecaf Well-Known Member

Mine loosened up over a couple of weeks so that it would tap when i hit the back key.

There's a thread on here about adding two layers of electrical tape under the slider just to the right of the D-Pad. WOrked fine for me, and you don't see it when the phone is close.d

7. Keyser-Soze

I admit to not having the lightest touch, bit I'm still surprised at how little force it takes. I've been using capacitive screens on my phone for years.any time I try to use a resistive screen I can't figure it out at first because I'm so used to the gentle touch of my phones.

Either I'm pressing harder than you guys, as you all suggest, or my phone has some minor defect. Either way, why wouldn't they build it to withstand the required force plus a little extra?

8. Keyser-Soze

brilliant! thanks for the helpful response.

9. v-6 nolo

v-6 nolo Well-Known Member

Mine was fine until my buddy knocked the phone out of my hand, now i have the gap. Will be trying to electrical tape fix soon.

10. Needsdecaf

Needsdecaf Well-Known Member

Use small pieces of tape and get it very flat. It only takes two thicknesses of standard tape.

Ghetto? A bit. But it works. And it was free. :p

11. nycebo

nycebo Well-Known Member

I don't even know what you're talking about, but that's probably because I have the Seidio Innocase on my Droid so I can't see the 'gap'. I'd take the case off but I like that it's on 'tightly'...so I won't. What I can suggest is that you get the same case and then you won't notice any gap.

12. nycebo

nycebo Well-Known Member

Okay, I took off the top cover. I see the gap. It's more like the screen is at a slight angle. I never noticed it before. Moreover, when I do type, it doesn't tap my keyboard (the lower half)...probably why I didn't notice it before. I don't think it's a defect...but it's another reason why I'll likely be switching to a hard keyboard-less phone (aka N1) as soon as it's released. Lord I hate the Droid's hardware keyboard. Touchscreen is MORE than fine.

13. ralphtrent

ralphtrent Well-Known Member

I know this is an old thread (by forum standards) and I just had my droid for a week and I just today noticed a slight gap on between the screen and the keyboard where the arrow "button" sites on the cover. Is that the same area that you folks are talking about? I only noticed it today because it was dropped on a hard floor and I only had the phone for less then a week.

Thanks

14. tluv00

tluv00 Well-Known Member

Why should you have to use Duct Tape to fix your phone? Either the manufacturer should fix it or you should get a new one. When did you have to be MacGyver in order to own a smart device?

[​IMG]