1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Does facebook make your phone freeze?General

1. cbtk18

cbtk18 Active Member

Whether I'm on the fb mobile site or using the app, the phone will sometimes lockup. To do anything I have to go to app manager and stop the browser or fb app in order to regain function. Anyone else experiencing this?

Advertisement
    :
  2. nseriessaga

nseriessaga Well-Known Member

Yes, seems to be a known problem. I have a helluva time trying to log off my account. Was the same with my HTC too. Doesn't "lock up" but it just keeps going in circles and eventually I just close it.
  3. sherlock5545

sherlock5545 Well-Known Member

It doesn't on mine, although it's very slow at times. I think the Facebook app is not well developed, it had the same problem with any other Android devices I previously had.
  4. rapidsandroid

rapidsandroid Well-Known Member

It the official FB app, not the S3. Try Friendcaster. Never have issues with it & it uses less memory than the official FB app.
  5. Popeye3083

Popeye3083 New Member

Tried Friendcaster but got nothing but paid advertisements. Total crap.
  6. chawski

chawski Well-Known Member

as much as i complained about the fb app on my htc, its running pretty damn well on the s3. id even go so far as to say comperable to how it runs on ios
  7. Tware

Tware Well-Known Member

8. ilovethebeach

ilovethebeach Well-Known Member

I can't stand FB on my sIII. I don't like the mobile view at least I could use V cut or shortcut link and it would keep the desk top view, haven't cracked that code on the phone
  9. laptopquestion

laptopquestion Well-Known Member

Facebook itself is certainly making investors freeze.

That said, I have not had the Android Facebook app freeze my phone.
  10. cmybliss

cmybliss Well-Known Member

I'm finding this to be true as well. Much faster and essential buggy on the SIII than my INC2.
  11. theprodigy001

theprodigy001 Active Member

Every single time I go on face .the app helps out alot.but if I just go on to fb threw the internet it always freezes...it will be fine for a few minutes but the second I click some thing to read it or try to look at a picture it freezes.
  12. John Connor

John Connor Active Member

wow been having the same problem but i thought it was the browser i was using.... i uninstall dolphin and install chrome cause of it....

im not too big on facebook anyways so dont use the app, also cause i think it drains batteries with all the notifications.....
  13. sean76

sean76 Well-Known Member

I'd say better then ios IMO
  14. Growler48

Growler48 Well-Known Member

The only time this happens to me is when I get an email notification from FB and I click on the link in the notification screen. Otherwise, the FB app itself works just fine. I just avoid clicking on the notification screen and all is well!
  15. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

Not had any issues.
  16. belodion

belodion New Member

My otherwise highly reliable Nexus 5 froze, ie wouldn't respond to any app presses in home screen or tray, after I'd installed Facebook and Messenger. I'm not saying there's a connection, just stating a fact. Never froze before. A reboot fixed it. Both apps uninstalled.