Does Fascinate allow you to link Facebook profiles to contacts ala HTC?

Last Updated:

1. BOOGIE_BOTZ

BOOGIE_BOTZ Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have an HTC EVO now, but I'm switching over to Verizon soon and was looking into either the Droid X, Droid 2, Fascinate, or Incredible. I was curious, can you link your contacts to people's Facebook pages like HTC can? The thing I like most is having their profile picture show when they call, rather than the standard Android logo. If someone can answer as soon as they can, that will be great seeing I will be picking up one of these phones tomorrow!

Advertisement
  2. Avalanch3

Avalanch3 Well-Known Member

Yes, that option is available. I have all my contacts linked from Facebook onto my phone.

3. bigdroid

bigdroid Well-Known Member

Yes, just like Avalanch3 said!

4. MutantCheese

MutantCheese Well-Known Member

except that it doesn't automatically use facebook profile pics as phone contacts in your favorites widget. This is kind of annoying but there is a market app to fix this, but I forget the name.

5. sumfknguy

sumfknguy Active Member

"syncmypix" or "facebook sync"... syncmypix being the better of the two..

On the HTC you can manually link your FB contacts to your phone contacts in the event that the names don't match up, that's an HTC feature.. you only get the contacts synced on the fascinate if the names match up, if not, you need to resort to one of the above apps to do the rest.

6. MutantCheese

MutantCheese Well-Known Member

Thanks, but I can tell you that on my Incredible, I sometimes have 3 of the same contact that refuse to link or for a while I payed hell trying to untangle my personal contact with my son's (we have same first and last names) on my phone. I'm kind of glad that the Fascinate doesn't do this.

7. sumfknguy

sumfknguy Active Member

no complaints here either.. i love this phone =)

8. Fynx

Fynx Well-Known Member

Between Sense and Touchwiz UI's, I'd give the advantage to Sense for integration of Google/FB/Twitter contact profiles and cloud syncing. Both are capable of the same, but Sense does it a little better for me.