does flashing new radio files really make a difference.

Last Updated:

1. tennispro4ever

tennispro4ever Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Ok I have a rooted evo running fresh 3.3.3.1 and so far I love it. I used unrevoked 3.21 to do this. My question is does flashing new radio files and pellet files actually increase and or decrease how well the radio works on the phone. I noticed hat once I installed wireless tether that my WiFi signal seems to go down 1 or 2 bars when the laptop is not even 10 feet away. Is thus normal. Anyway I'm very knew to the whole flashing of radio files and just wanted to hear if it does anything or not.

Advertisement
  2. tennispro4ever

Anyone have any comments or suggestions lol. 25 views and no one has anything to say....sad

3. tsipa

tsipa Well-Known Member

I think that it all depends on your location. Although, I am sure Sprint includes certain updates in the radio files that are meant to give you better reception. I mean if it results in a decrease in reception, why wouldn't they just leave the old one?

4. tennispro4ever

Is there any way to increase my WiFi hotbot range by flashing a better radio file.

5. tsipa

tsipa Well-Known Member

I would think that the latest wimax radio will give you the best range but I do not use my wifi tether that often so I don't know how accurate that statement is.

6. ceabbott2

ceabbott2 Well-Known Member

I did the updates earlier but I have been switching ROMs like my underwear...almost daily:D. Will the updates stick? If not how and where would I check for the build numbers? I still have the files on the root of my sd card...ehh should I just flash them again? Thanks everyone.

Charles

7. honeyBfly

honeyBfly Member

All of the updates like Wimax...radio..PRI will all remain with the flashing of different ROMS...I too change out ROMS all of the time (weekly not so much daily)....Flashing is addicting!!! LOL:D