Does Galaxy Have TV Out??Support

Last Updated:

1. apcs

apcs New Member This Topic's Starter

I didn't think so but i have just found this

Samsung TV Out Cable - 3.5mm Phones

is says on the site that this tv out cable is compatable with the i7500 & i5700 amongst others

can anyone confirm if this is correct or not

Many Thanks

Andy

Advertisement
  2. KlaymenDK

KlaymenDK Well-Known Member

I've seen a bunch of tech demos where they had the Galaxy display echoed on a big screen, but I'm pretty sure that was using the USB port and some (adb?) software goodness. That is to say, I think you'd get pretty poor video quality from a 3.5mm jack; and in any case I don't know how the signal would get out there -- unless it's always being sent out to the headset, which seems unlikely.

No, I think that cable will do audio, but not video. Maybe they just had the RCA-end from another part number, and decided to market it for the Galaxy, I don't know.

3. Naruvam

Naruvam Well-Known Member

I'll test this tommorow with my girls nokia 5800xm 3.5mm tv out cable and report if it works :D

4. Naruvam

Naruvam Well-Known Member

It didn't work but then again it was nokia cable after all. I've just tought since their headphones layout was same tv cable might be too...

5. apcs

apcs New Member This Topic's Starter

i have tried a nokia cable too. didn't work for me either but their tech support have just emailed me back and they are confident it will work so i've ordered one. will let everybody know how i get on.

Andy

6. kirpi

kirpi New Member

so did it work? maybe it works with the phone software update?

7. benner

benner Well-Known Member

i tried a cable that came with another device, the 3.5 jack had 4 bands on it which i am sure is a video cable (the other end had red, white, yellow RCA's) and i got no video. bummer. i was on holiday and it was raining. fortunately, my psp stepped in and turned out to be a great video player for the tv.

8. informale

informale Well-Known Member

People, give it up. i7500 is not intended for playing video on external displays.

9. vikingisson

vikingisson Well-Known Member

What does work is a screencast over USB/ADB. You capture it as a .mov and the resolution is very high and looks nice on a big screen. It isn't live but probably looks a lot better than a video out would if it could. I used DroidExplorer for that.

10. Rastaman-FB

Rastaman-FB Well-Known Member

indeed, droid explorer you can screen case live