Does galaxy S2 in India has NFC supportGeneral

1. drogon

drogon Member

I read that Galaxy S2 in India does not have NFC support in various forums. But someone told me that the newly manufactured models will have it. How can I verify this before buying? Considering that the sales personnel has no clue when I mention if it has NFC or not?

Advertisement
  2. heshanj

heshanj Well-Known Member

well i havent heard of the SGS2 having NFC. it was only supposed to have it, before it was released. then everyone realised its not equipped with NFC. if u get the international SGS2 in india, then no.. it wont have NFC. and i dont think u'd really miss it.. many countries have not got the infrastructure ready to make NFC really useful., just my opinion :)
  3. drogon

drogon Member

I am just curious to know if its there or not. Apparently shops here at Bangalore has no clue on it if I ask whether its there or not. I guess I will go with whatever is available.
  4. heshanj

heshanj Well-Known Member

yeah im with u on that one, i was a bit disapponited to hear that the SGS2 didnt come with NFC.. even though i'd never use it for at least a year or two..i wanted it to be 'ready for the future' :D but yeah, i wouldnt worry about it. the box might indicate if its got NFC support?