• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Does google ever answer their phone

Curious if its possible to use the manufacturer's open source code with the android source. How to build the correct code for my device? Are there some proprietary files i need to pull of my phone? I've been at it for 6 months. I also have apps dissapearing from my app droor so i need to rebuild my rom. The light wont work and i just got the camera working. The location was turning off and on by itself so i got it to stay on. Also i want to make sure the us government isnt imprisoning devolpers. I liked android when root wasnt illegal. It just seems like a paranoid move.

Upvote 0
Curious if its possible to use the manufacturer's open source code with the android source. How to build the correct code for my device? Are there some proprietary files i need to pull of my phone? I've been at it for 6 months. I also have apps dissapearing from my app droor so i need to rebuild my rom. The light wont work and i just got the camera working. The location was turning off and on by itself so i got it to stay on.

Hmmmm unless a custom I would use the manufactured one open would be in line with more of custom . custom is a upgrade to the system but if your rooted just use a gravity box ,xblast tools without a ROM

Upvote 0
Just curious, not trying to duplicate posts but 650-253-0000 i sit on hold indefinitely. Are they all ok?
When I call Google customer service or support they answer promptly.

However they're right in the midst of their busiest time of year due to the launch of the new Nexus 6. Therefore I'm not surprised the line is constantly busy.

Especially since some people call with simple questions they could easily search Google for.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones