Does Google have something HUGE to announce tomorrow?

Does google have a big announcement to make?

1. Yes, of course!!!!

12 vote(s)
    27.3%
  2. No, we know all about the phone already.

32 vote(s)
    72.7%

Last Updated:

1. Mandrew

Mandrew Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

If so, what? Were the price rumors wrong? Will they be partnering with a company like Spotify USA?

I feel like they do have something big to announce. Why else would Google launch a somewhat-average smartphone?

Advertisement
  2. xtop

xtop Well-Known Member

what's somewhat average about the nexus? :confused:

i just hope we get a preview of some upcoming features

3. ManMythLegend

ManMythLegend Well-Known Member

No.Price point is accurate. Expensive...and accurate.
    At most ATT 3g compatibility down the line.

I dont get the 'average' remark either.

4. Mandrew

Mandrew Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I guess "average" isn't really the word I was looking for. I meant the Nexus One is about on par for what I'd expect to see from a new, top-of-the-line smartphone: 3.7" screen, fast processor, 5MP camera...

5. ManMythLegend

That makes more sense. Nothing extraordinary. Just the incremental step up. BUT...its a crucial step up.

First legit "Iphone" killer in strict hardware terms. 1 gig + 512 ram is Laptop numbers not too long ago.

I dont think anything crazy will be revealed. Only thing that was up in the air was price and we all got smacked with that 530+ tax+ shipping reality.
    Unless something truly unique has been laying dormant on the early Nexus ones given out , or that BT dock can control alot more than we think.

6. Dendore

Dendore Well-Known Member

I don't think its going to be anything "HUGE" . But I am curious. Does anyone know if there is going to be a telecast or anything?

7. ManMythLegend

lmao...I was thinking the same thing. Ive done that for E3 announcements. Thought for this "meh..thats a little too geeky"........but if there is one....I may sneak a view.:cool:

8. Maxx

Maxx Well-Known Member

I'm thinking it's pretty much same as G1 announcement way back, and terms with Tmobile. Yay for so much hype and the big let down. :p I'd love to get one, but not jumping ship to Tmobile just for one I like being able to make calls and all.

9. six2one

six2one Active Member

i played with the nexus one a few days ago and it had a full google earth client and gsipphone that used GV and gizmo.

just sayin. google earth was labeled confidential with the deathstar in the background.

i bet we could hear about the google earth app sooner or later. gsipphone, not so much (carriers will be PISSED)

also, it was with a tmobile sim and i asked how it performed on edge when the tmob 3g fell off and he said it was speedy as hell still. even car home works great...so hopefully they do announce something for att bands at some point sooner or later. but in the meantime i have no problem trying it out on att edge and then maybe moving to tmobile. this phone is amazing. it felt like it weighed roughly the same as my bold 9700 with a seidio thin hard case. its so fast its stupid. 6 hours of usage with ALL radios and gps on was showing roughly 80% batt life left. this was in a tmobile 3g area

also, im sure ill be asked but the google earth client was amazing. it was so fast...as in there were no noticeable lags ANYWHERE. in fact its performance rivaled a desktop running the app *not joking*. it zoomed effortlessly. also, there was no multitouch on anything i played with in the phone, including google earth. damn that screen is amazing

10. xtop

xtop Well-Known Member

google earth? cool..i guess?

whats gsipphone

11. Caddyman

Caddyman Well-Known Member

they will annouce that the initial batch of N1's released to employees for testing were limited, like a governor on a car, the consumer version will be twice as fast...maybe faster.

12. six2one

six2one Active Member

google earth was awesome. gsipphone uses the data connection for voip using GV and gizmo. i highly doubt this will be made public for a good while

13. six2one

six2one Active Member

well looks like i WAS right about google earth...which means im probably right about gsipphone as well, yes? ;)

14. ManMythLegend

Quite possibly. Good call.

Verizon is pretty big news for many.

15. kwaping

kwaping Well-Known Member

Verizon was the big surprise for me, and I clicked NO on the poll. Happy surprise!

16. sooper_droid12

sooper_droid12 Well-Known Member

No gVoice + Gizmo5 = No surprises.

Overall, the event was a disappointment.

17. sooper_droid12

sooper_droid12 Well-Known Member

VZW already stated there would be TWO Google Experience phones as their flagship: 1) with keyboard (DROID), 2) without keyboard (now, as we know, the N1). No surprise here.