• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

ROMs Does installing a new ROM wipe my SD card?

Want to install cynogen mod from my SD card using rom manager, but want to know if this will wipe my SD card? Also, will it wipe my SMS's? I have backed up my SMS's using SMS back up, but if it wipes my SD, it will wipe that app aswell I presume?

Searched everywhere for an answer to this

Want to install cynogen mod from my SD card using rom manager, but want to know if this will wipe my SD card? Also, will it wipe my SMS's? I have backed up my SMS's using SMS back up, but if it wipes my SD, it will wipe that app aswell I presume?

Searched everywhere for an answer to this

No it doesn't wipe ur sd card but if you have partitioned ur sd card then it will wipe the ext partition of the card as soon as u wipe data in the recovery which is recommended thing before installing any ROM

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones