• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Does is bother you the EVO SD card is inside the case?

getlooks

Jun 23, 2010
Have you run out of SD space yet?

I have lots of music and apps installed. It took no time to fill up my 8 GB card. Sure, I can buy a bigger card for $$. But, I have extra 8 GB cards that I'd like to swap out on an as-needed basis. With the EVO, I have to power down, remove the battery, swap cards, and power back up. This is PITA!

The Epic has an external SD door where you can swap out SD cards without powering down. I hate sliders, but the accessible SD is very nice.

I think since only 2-3 people want the location of the SD card moved, HTC should leave the location alone. Go get an EPIC. A vast majority of people either buy one SD card and never touch it again after installing. However, an 8gb card works just fine for a lot of people and they never have to remove their card. They put the card behind the battery for safe keeping from elements like dust and water.

Upvote 0
"Does is bother you the EVO SD card is inside the case?"

Nope. Bought a 32 Gb $49.00 card and am doing just fine.

No. Picked up a 32GB for $49.99 shipped. Not only that, it's a tiny bit more secure under the battery and not so easy for someone to pull it out in just a second.

Where did you guys buy a 32gb card for under $50?

Upvote 0
Yeah....agreed, this is the best option.

Unfortunately, I'm in a situation where I need to swap-out multiple cards daily. At the end of each workday, I need to leave the SD card with the data I acquired at the office. I then insert my personal SD when I go home. Not convenient when I have to remove the battery.

I love the EVO, but need to find a better solution, otherwise I

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones