Does it come with google navigation preinstalled?

Last Updated:

1. MrDangerous

MrDangerous Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Does the Vibrant on T-Mobile USA come with Google navigation preinstalled or is it a separate download. My aunt bought one and I was trying to tell her about it and she said the man at the store said you had to pay $10 a month for GPS on the phone and I told her that was BS unless they specifically blocked it from being installed.

She lives in another city so I won't be able to play with the phone for a while. She looked and said she didn't think she saw the navigation icon.

Advertisement
  2. DKYang

DKYang Well-Known Member

The dude was talking about Telenav that is pre-installed. Google maps is there. Just tell your aunt to look for maps. You might want to also tell her how to get navigation working on it too.

3. coolguy949

coolguy949 Well-Known Member

Google Maps has navigation built in. Just type in an address and click navigate. In Google's latest update, they add a separate icon in the applications menu called "Navigation". Just update Google Maps to the newest version to get the icon. Navigation is there either way though.

4. spiz

spiz Well-Known Member

^ What he said.

Tell her to go to the Market > Menu > Downloads.

From there she should see Google Maps near the top and it should say "Update Available," download and install. Good to go!

5. swb

swb Member

Could someone compare Google navigation with Telenav? I haven't fired up Telenav yet due to subscription costs.

6. spiz

spiz Well-Known Member

Google Navigation is better than the expensive navigation devices you can purchase from Garmin, TomTom, etc... TeleNav isn't worth the cost, especially when a far superior navigation program is free and available. :D