• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root does lollipop improve standby battery time?

catchingup

Dec 13, 2014
Does lollipop have better battery management than stock LG rom ?

The L90 has awful standby battery time compared to my F6. The only big difference is the L90 is quad core and the F6 is dual core, but that battery use difference is huge even though both phones have the same battery size.

My F6 has 227 hours standby time so far with 16% still remaining, so LG's quote of 20 days standby might be accurate.

But the L90 is quoted as 6 days standby time, and that's all I have been able to get.

I read about a background camera bug in KK 4.4.2 which can drain battery fast, and I wonder if that has anything to do with it.

Yes. My battery seems to last longer on standby. I'm on patched CM12 for the D415. Get Grreenify and do xposed though...getting xposed on Lollipop is a pain. Reinstalling busybox into /system/bin is one of the things I did instead of /system/xbin.

Lollipop seems to handle symlinks differently. A lot of busybox apps won't function when symlinked to /system/xbin on Lollipop.

Interactive CPU governor helps too to under clock when you're idle.

Upvote 0
Does lollipop have better battery management than stock LG rom ?

The L90 has awful standby battery time compared to my F6. The only big difference is the L90 is quad core and the F6 is dual core, but that battery use difference is huge even though both phones have the same battery size.

My F6 has 227 hours standby time so far with 16% still remaining, so LG's quote of 20 days standby might be accurate.

But the L90 is quoted as 6 days standby time, and that's all I have been able to get.

I read about a background camera bug in KK 4.4.2 which can drain battery fast, and I wonder if that has anything to do with it.
On stock 4.4.2 i got maybe 3 hours of screen on time, now on CM12 lollipop i have at least 5-6 hours of screen on time. I would not recommend upgrading to stock lollipop however...

Reactions: LoopyD
Upvote 0
db217e2f556261344e4c47828a400c75.jpg

Sorry DD. Couldn't resist.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones