1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Does Mini Bluetooth Keyboard work for games/emulator?

Last Updated:

1. hollywoodfrodo

hollywoodfrodo Member This Topic's Starter

Browsing around the net at work today for Bluetooth Game Controllers, I came across a Mini Bluetooth Keyboard HERE - it's also selling on Ebay. It claims to be compatible with Android, but as we're all learning Android on one phone isn't the same as Android on another.

I'm wondering two things really: 1) Anyone know if it is actually compatible with Android and moreso if it's compatible with HTC Incredible
    and 2) If it is compatible, once connected, can you use it in conjunction with Game Emulators (I have the popular one for GBA) so that I could use the buttons on there to play the games.

It's the perfect size for a game controller (too bad they don't also make one for that purpose) and would be much better than the touch screen controls which impede on the game.

Any help/education on the whole bluetooth thing and compatibility especially with the Incredible and with using it with Game Emulators would be much appreciated.

Advertisement
  2. g8rpal

g8rpal New Member

Not in my experience. Quake4Droid lets you map keys but most of the emus are lucky if they have support for the gamepro and bt controller. It works well with twistys text adventures. Scratch that... i was typing on a dinovo mini and droidx. It seems to have issues and disconnects and then can't reconnect. I will be getting mine soon. I wish Id gotten the droid 2!!!

3. Forge94

Forge94 Well-Known Member

I think these keypads don't support multiple simultaneous key presses, so would be crap for gaming.

I'm really disappointed because I made a dock and everything for my N1 only to find out that news.

Btw it would be best to run CM6 with native keyboard support rather than those expensive drivers that are unreliable.

4. mikeells

mikeells New Member

I have this same keyboard and can verify that it does not work on an ATT Samsung Captivate. The ATT security settings will not allow the android.apk file to run. I tried a couple of Bluetooth keyboard apps, but nothing is working so far.