Does my N1 has 3G issues?Support

Last Updated:

1. afonja

afonja Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hello everyone, I do not really understand the 3G issue everyone is talking about, however I recorded this video and want to ask you if my N1 actually has this 3G issue.

I don't have any problems switching On and Off network connection.(I'm in UK with 3Mobile)

The reason is obvious - I wan't to exchange/repair it if it's faulty...

YouTube - VIDEO0003.3gp

P.S. I also have HTC Desire so I can run the same test on it if anyone wan't to see the result

Thank you!

Advertisement
  2. nhw

nhw Member

Hi there,
    I have been using the Nexus One for 3 weeks now and I haven't had the 3G issue either. I am using Canada's Bell network.

Based on what I have read, the 3G issue lies mostly with those in the US. I believe this is down to the network being used. But I could be wrong.

3. afonja

I just don't really understand what this 3G issue is about... Does it mean that some people cannot connect to 3G or signal is very weak?! Can anyone please clarify it for me? Does my video shows that I do or do not have this issue?

Thank you.

4. RogerPodacter

RogerPodacter Well-Known Member

no you dont have a 3G problem. the phone is SUPPOSED to switch to HSDPA when you use the data connection in any form. UMTS is regular 3G, and HSDPA is enhanced 3G for faster data speeds. this is normal and your phone is OK.

afonja likes this.
  5. afonja

Thank you Roger, now I need to cancel my order with HTC to fix the phone as they wanted to pick it up on Wednesday :)