Does Need for Speed work on eris?General

Last Updated:

1. da man

da man Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I was just looking over at the apps section of androidforums and found a link for the Need for Speed Shift apk. Has anybody tried it on the Eris to see if it works? I assume the processor can't handle it, but thought I would ask.

Advertisement
  2. Demache

Demache Well-Known Member

I'm guessing either the processor can't handle it, or the Eris doesn't have enough RAM (288 MB isn't a lot for a smartphone anymore).

Older phones aren't going to be able to keep up with the latest games unfortunately. :(

3. kujayhawks77

kujayhawks77 Well-Known Member

I have it on my droid and even oc'ed it doesn't run as smoothly as I'd like. I'll try and throw it on my wife's eris later tonight and report back what I find.

da man likes this.
  4. da man

Cool, I'll check back and see your report.

5. DroidEye22

DroidEye22 Well-Known Member

Well i tried it on my dads eris oc'ed to 712 and only 3 words describe it, it sucked balls. Everything was hell of slow. Not as smooth as my X

6. kujayhawks77

kujayhawks77 Well-Known Member

Sorry for the delayed report. It is installable, playable I would say not. The load time to actually get game play is unbearable and gameplay itself almost impossible. If you are one of the lucky ones who can overclock 804 it might be better but 710 is the sweet spot on her eris.

da man likes this.
  7. da man

Thanks for the report! I figured it wouldn't work. I would have tried it myself but didn't have the room on mu phone, but if the report was good I would have made the room. Thanks again for checking on that.