1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

Support Does not recover after inactivity

1. avatarious

Hallo there,
    I have a problem with my s4.
    At random intervals my s4 after inactivity and therefore black screen cannot open again, meaning I press the power and the central button but the phone is unresponsive.I need to press the power button for some seconds in order to close and then restart again.
    Any ideas?Is there a hybernation mode of some kind that I can remove or there is a problem with the phone?
    The last time it took place I noticed a purple led going on and off if that helps.
    I appreciate all the help

Advertisement
  2. SebaKL

SebaKL Well-Known Member

Do you have any Task Killer or Task Manager app running?
    Is it stock? Any custom roms? Any launchers?

Is there a pattern? Like, it happens when you charge it, or any time the phone screen is powered off and you try to wake it?
  3. avatarious

Hallo there I have not recognized a pattern,it can be after long time of inactivity say one night or after one hour or after two hours...I have no task killer and no custom rom..
    Just when I leave it idle..al the applications I have installed are well known
    Thanx
  4. avatarious

no ideas whatsoever?is there any application that could help me locate the issue?Yesterday I uninstalled all the applications in case it is app related..If the problem persists I will do a factory reset..Has anybody any suggestion, software or hardware related?
    thank you
  5. avatarious

repost
  6. ironass

ironass Well-Known Member

As there are 13 different models of the Galaxy S4 and countless firmware versions, it might be helpful if you could post your Version and firmware details. See post #1...

13 Galaxy S4 models - know yours?
  7. avatarious

Sure
    the model is GT-I9505
    AP: I9505XXUBMF4
  8. ironass

9. avatarious

thank you for that I just tried that and it wrote deleting and then error so I am not sure if it took place properly
  10. ironass

Hopefully, that should do the trick.

Also, if you have moved any apps to your external SD card, just check that they are supposed to be moved. Anything, say, with widgets on your home screen and live wallpapers, etc; should stay on internal memory.

Plan B. If the cache partition wipe does not work, then perhaps a Factory Reset and fresh install of apps and settings, as sometimes these sort of problems can occur after a firmware update... particularly if it was OTA, (Over The Air).

Plan C, is to do what they do at a Samsung Service Point and that is a full wipe of your phone and re-flash the firmware again.
  11. avatarious

thank you for your answer, as of when I bought the phone there has been no firmware update.I did not want to wait so I did a factory reset without installing any extra apps and I will leave it overnight to see what happens.
    I also removed the sim I hope that does not change anything since I need to use a phone until tomorrow.
    Furthermore I would like to mention that my carrier has pre-installed an extra package including more than 10 apps, 5 of which are of his own services, which I doubt if they are so thoroughly tested.
    Waiting until tomorrow and perhaps one last step is to install a fresh version of the firmware.
  12. SebaKL

SebaKL Well-Known Member

You could try to freeze the carrier apps, see if it makes any difference. Unless their a MUST have in order to run the device with the provider.
  13. avatarious

the carrier apps were uninstalled whein i bought the phone and are not critical to the use of the service.Yesterday the phone stayed open so I think that is a good step..
    I will leave idle for a little more.The fact is though that I have removed the sim card and maybe it has to do with the network or sth that is not tested while the sim is off.
    Other potential issues that might have caused:
    a)The contacts I transfered from my htc desire hd in an sd card and I do not know how they were imported.
    b)The spigen s view case might caused it to overheat
    I cannot find anything else
  14. avatarious

the problem is on again so I am sending it to a samsung service point