Does One Click Root wipe all data?

1. DarkNeo

DarkNeo Well-Known Member

I did unrevoked 3 last week and loved how everything wasnt wiped, just rebooted and it I was rooted. Is one click root the same? Or does it wipe all data? :(

Advertisement
    :
  2. nahpungnome

nahpungnome Well-Known Member

I'm not completely sure...but here's what I observed. I was on the latest OTA when I did the SimpleRoot. After I did that, it put me back to a version prior to the OTA update.

I flashed a custom ROM right after.... so my guess is that you should probably wipe regardless since it downgrades your version and most custom ROMs require you to wipe EVERYTHING.

You don't want to run the stock rooted ROM that the SimpleRoot method puts on there anyway cuz root apps can't call SU, which kind of defeats the whole purpose of having root.
  3. tsipa

tsipa Well-Known Member

One click root is a full root so it will require a full wipe before you flash a new rom. Just use Titanium Backup to restore all of your apps/data once you flash.
  4. JBHorner

JBHorner Member

If they're not rooted prior to using this method, using Titanium isn't going to restore all of their apps and data--as it requires root to work successfully.

Joel