• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Does our HTC One X+ have 4G LTE capability or not?

wantsmore

May 24, 2013
I get conflicting information on this subject. Most of the time, I use my phone from WiFi at home. My provider, Consumer Cellular said in their latest newsletter that they are giving 4G LTE (since they use AT&T network.) Yesterday, I decided to test for myself.
Going into town, I attempted to send an e-mail from two different locations and the indicator at the top of the screen only showed 3G. am I missing something?

Got on the chat line with HTC support. Was told that YES our phone is 4 G compatible. Then, she asked if it was unlocked. When I told her that I had brought my unlocked phone first to AT&T and then switched to Consumer Cellular, she said they "cannot guarantee 4G." Then, I called Consumer Cellular support. There, I was told that "4G would only work with a handful of newer phones, but not most old ones."

Yes it does. No it doesn't. Yes it can. No it can't. ???

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones