• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root does removing touchwiz affect kies

I'm looking into all the fun stuff I can do with rooting and now I'm reading through some posts on the XDA forums (I'd post this there too, but having to chase too many posts around several sites is frustrating, and I like you guys).

I saw that you can remove TouchWiz3 completely (looks like you do it with the Bionix Fusion Rom). I know you can only mount the phone storage in KIES, and it has to be in TouchWiz to do it...will removing it affect this?

I won't be flashing a custom ROM anytime soon, baby steps, but I figured I'd ask.

Thanks

I'm looking into all the fun stuff I can do with rooting and now I'm reading through some posts on the XDA forums (I'd post this there too, but having to chase too many posts around several sites is frustrating, and I like you guys).

I saw that you can remove TouchWiz3 completely (looks like you do it with the Bionix Fusion Rom). I know you can only mount the phone storage in KIES, and it has to be in TouchWiz to do it...will removing it affect this?

I won't be flashing a custom ROM anytime soon, baby steps, but I figured I'd ask.

Thanks

Yes, you need TouchWiz to use Kies. Not that I would even use Kies. You do not need Kies to mount phone storage. It works just fine with Fusion.

You do need TouchWiz to use Kies for downloading/installing firmware updates, that much I know.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones