does removing touchwiz affect kies

Last Updated:

1. Jason Pedersen

Jason Pedersen Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I'm looking into all the fun stuff I can do with rooting and now I'm reading through some posts on the XDA forums (I'd post this there too, but having to chase too many posts around several sites is frustrating, and I like you guys).

I saw that you can remove TouchWiz3 completely (looks like you do it with the Bionix Fusion Rom). I know you can only mount the phone storage in KIES, and it has to be in TouchWiz to do it...will removing it affect this?

I won't be flashing a custom ROM anytime soon, baby steps, but I figured I'd ask.

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. lordmalice

lordmalice Well-Known Member

ive never used kies infact it doesent exist on my phone no more ive never heard of using kies to do anything with anything except an early gps fix

3. djquick

djquick Well-Known Member

Yeah, if you wanna remove touchwiz, just flash the Bionix Fusion rom. If you ever want to go back, you can always flash back to the stock rom.

4. w_bovine

w_bovine Well-Known Member

Yes, you need TouchWiz to use Kies. Not that I would even use Kies. You do not need Kies to mount phone storage. It works just fine with Fusion.

You do need TouchWiz to use Kies for downloading/installing firmware updates, that much I know.