1. Tablet future looks bright! Read more about: Alcatel Xess | Samsung Galaxy View
    New Forums: Alcatel Xess | Samsung Galaxy View
    Dismiss Notice

does rom manager work for this phone

Last Updated:

1. Bubbles530

Bubbles530 Member

does it work?

Advertisement
  2. It only has root and no roms at all. Do you even expect developers to be around right now? Wasn't this phone released about a month ago, too?
  3. alfick3

alfick3 Well-Known Member

You could install it, but it'd do you no good right now. As stated in the previous post, there are no roms for this phone, nor is there a custom recovery yet.
  4. Shabbypenguin

Shabbypenguin Well-Known Member Developer

i actually have a test cwm......
    alfick3 likes this.
  5. alfick3

alfick3 Well-Known Member

Ooh. Do tell. I will be getting this (hopefully) tomorrow and was going to hold off on rooting it for lack of a recovery. If you have a good one and it works then I may just have to go ahead and root it, when I get it.
  6. genovdot

genovdot Well-Known Member

Just a word of advice, flashing a recovery that's not for your phone from rom manager could possibly make your phone a permanent brick :) just warning you
  7. AndyOpie150

AndyOpie150 <strong> <a href="http://androidforums.com/optimus Contributor

The flashing the recovery is usually not the problem. Tying to boot into said bad recovery is what will at the very least cause a black screen in the recovery menu. The worst that can happen is you have turned it into a paperweight. My first ever smart phone is still a paperweight/parts phone.
    Be patient, they (dev's) will figure out what is needed to modify a CWMod recovery to work properly with this phone.
  8. PlayfulGod

PlayfulGod Well-Known Member Developer

whose got a $1 for a working CWM???? j/k ;)

And yes flashing a recovery for another device other than the one it is built for is just plain stupid and will in most cases give you a purty paper weight.

And with that said I will let Shabbypenguin post the cwm recovery as he did most of the work for it. I just helped him on a few finishing touches. ;)
    AndyOpie150 likes this.