Does rooting fix silent bug and/or 50% bug?

Last Updated:

1. DDustiNN

DDustiNN Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I didn't have any problems on 1.5, but I had both of these issues after the 2.1 OTA update. However, ever since rooting my phone, I haven't had either one of these bugs happen (knock on wood).

Is this just a coincidence? Or is this something that was actually able to be fixed?

Advertisement
  2. AdrianC14

AdrianC14 Well-Known Member

I think some ROM developers fix the 50% bug in their ROMs, not sure about the silent bug.

3. pkopalek

pkopalek Well-Known Member

The silent bug seems to be across all ROMs, even ones built from CyanogenMod source. Seems to be a physical phone problem (which I've never had, even once, with any of my 7 Eris's, strangely).

The 50% time without signal I don't even pay attention to any more. It doesn't seem to affect battery life, at all.

I use Ivan's Eris_Official 1.0.

Other people obsess about doing the airplane trick every bootup. I haven't found it to have ANY affect on battery, whatsoever. My phone sits overnight with mobile network off, uses 2% of battery or so, and the alarm wakes me up in the morning. Phone lasts all day. With or without the time without signal there.

There's a "trick" that people have posted about going into your phone's settings and changing "GSM (auto)" to "CDMA (auto)" but it's not really a fix, it's just some people being 100% confused. The setting is ALREADY at "CDMA (auto)" but they tell you to do something to make the program crash, and it defaults back to "GSM (auto)".

The "fix" doesn't actually do anything. I wouldn't worry about it.

4. hallstevenson

hallstevenson Well-Known Member

I'll probably jinx myself for saying this, but since switching to a Cyanogen-based ROM, I have yet to experience the silent-call bug. Note: My phone randomly locks up and reboots a little too often than I'd like.

5. L0stS0ul

L0stS0ul Well-Known Member

I've found that on some rooms I can oc well over 750mhz and others it will constantly reboot over 710mhz. If your phone is locking up or rebooting drop the speed down a notch.