1. chrisco_kid

chrisco_kid Active Member This Topic's Starter

Advertisement
  2. t0ast3d

t0ast3d Well-Known Member

Yes, you can improve your battery a lot with rooting via tweaks and ROMs

3. chrisco_kid

not exactly what i was asking, sorta figured that ( why else would we root right?) i meant, does the simple act of having a rom other than the stock android os, fix the gsm issue? and correct me if im wrong but the android os is a rom, and roms are custom builds of the os right?

4. sitlet

sitlet Banned

I think we have concluded there is NO gsm issue, as the Evo doesnt have a gsm radio.

5. chrisco_kid

ok then how come if you use the network app to switch to cdma (prl) or do the prl update trick the phone runs cooler, time without signal drops significantly, and the battery seems to run alot longer? theres obviously something to it if its not the fact that its hunting a gsm signal, this has been talked to death and theres obviously an issue with it.

all im really wanting to know i guess is if using custom roms (in and of themselves)encourage less power drain than the stock rom.

6. sitlet

sitlet Banned

Ive tried that, and have seen NO difference in battery life, temp, or signal.

depends on the rom, some have battery saving features built in, some dont. You can always run setcpu to save battery.