• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Does Samsung SCH-1510 use an HTC build?

I installed the Contact Owner app and now see on my droid screen a warning:
"HTC Android builds can crash the device when running Contact Owner."

Anybody know the answer?

EDIT: I am aware that Samsung + HTC are separate companies but worry that perhaps they use similar software builds.

What is your setup? Are you stock? I have not seen this, but it could just be the code in the app is wrong. The Droid Charge is very sensitive to apps in the market which normally run on just about every phone. Launchers to name a few...

I am not sure about stock, but on the latest ROMs this contact feature is built in.

Dave

Upvote 0
I sent an email to the app designer, in Netherlands. Haven't received a response.
In the meantime, I have looked up kraisydave's vocab.

Read Only Memory (ROM) refers to the phone's internal memory where your firmware/apps are stored.
Stock ROM is the software that came on the phone when you pulled it out of the box.
Popular custom ROM's (for rooted phones): CyanogenMod, Android Open Kang Project (AOKP), MIUI, Slim ICS, Liquid Smooth ROMS

Upvote 0
TBH it's certain that the message from the app is wrong. Samsung customise android for themselves, and definitely do not use HTC software.

The dev will have checked for some condition, thought (clearly incorrectly) that this meant a certain type of device, and wrote the message text on that assumption. Unless you have altered your build prop file to pretend to be an HTC, which from the thread is clearly not the case, this is the only explanation.

Reactions: fried chicken
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones