Does Samsung SCH-1510 use an HTC build?General

Last Updated: 2012-09-22 20:07:59
  1. fried chicken

fried chicken Active Member

I installed the Contact Owner app and now see on my droid screen a warning:
    "HTC Android builds can crash the device when running Contact Owner."

Anybody know the answer?

EDIT: I am aware that Samsung + HTC are separate companies but worry that perhaps they use similar software builds.

Advertisement
  2. kraisydave

kraisydave Well-Known Member

What is your setup? Are you stock? I have not seen this, but it could just be the code in the app is wrong. The Droid Charge is very sensitive to apps in the market which normally run on just about every phone. Launchers to name a few...

I am not sure about stock, but on the latest ROMs this contact feature is built in.

Dave
  3. fried chicken

4. fried chicken

Dave, I looked in Settings to see if my Charge has a contact feature.
    I don't see anything in Location & Security or About Phone.
  5. fried chicken

I sent an email to the app designer, in Netherlands. Haven't received a response.
    In the meantime, I have looked up kraisydave's vocab.

Read Only Memory (ROM) refers to the phone's internal memory where your firmware/apps are stored.
    Stock ROM is the software that came on the phone when you pulled it out of the box.
    Popular custom ROM's (for rooted phones): CyanogenMod, Android Open Kang Project (AOKP), MIUI, Slim ICS, Liquid Smooth ROMS
  6. Hadron

Hadron Well-Known Member Contributor

TBH it's certain that the message from the app is wrong. Samsung customise android for themselves, and definitely do not use HTC software.

The dev will have checked for some condition, thought (clearly incorrectly) that this meant a certain type of device, and wrote the message text on that assumption. Unless you have altered your build prop file to pretend to be an HTC, which from the thread is clearly not the case, this is the only explanation.
    fried chicken likes this.
  7. fried chicken

Thanks Hadron. I opened the Contact Owner app, loaded the info, restarted my phone -- and discovered the app doesn't even work, anyway. LOL.
    This is the second app that has failed. First, I tried an app called Phone Found - Owner Info

EDIT: Got Contact Owner to work. It requires that I use a pattern lock.
  8. kraisydave

kraisydave Well-Known Member

Fried Chicken - sorry for the late reply. I see u translated my irregular speech. Hope everything is working to your liking now. Let me know if you need any more help. Maybe I could actually help with the next one.

Dave
    fried chicken likes this.