1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Does Sportstap FC everyday for you??

Last Updated:

1. SoDroid

SoDroid Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

My Sportstap widget has been FCing several times per day for months now. I can uninstall it and reinstall it, it will still FC. I REALLY like the app and widget, I use it everyday.

Does this happen to anyone else as well and you just put up with it because you don't know what else to do? Or is it just me?

If its only me, does anyone have any suggestions as to a solution?

Thanks in advance!

Advertisement
  2. swr2000

swr2000 Well-Known Member

I can't use it. Somehow it keeps turning on alerts for the University of Rhode Island and I can't disable it.

3. XIIXMMIII

XIIXMMIII Member

try scoremobile its better than sportstap

4. mobrienjr

mobrienjr Well-Known Member

I do not like to run the widget, but I have not had that problem w/ just sportstap

5. messenger13

messenger13 Well-Known Member

I don't use the widget, but I don't think I've ever had SportsTap FC on me. Hmmnnn...

6. kratos

kratos Back on my throne!!! VIP Member

I am not using the widget and never have. I already have too many widgets as it is. However, I can say that I was using it Sunday evening while on my boat to follow the Blackhawks game and had no problems with it. In fact, I can't think of a single time when I had a force close with Sportstap.

Kratos

7. nofxdan

nofxdan Active Member

It force closed on me about every 30 seconds while using the browser today, but that was really the first time I noticed anything funny. I'm on 2.2.

8. rogue994

rogue994 Well-Known Member

Yeah...sportstap FC's on me all the time...finally got fed up and uninstalled.

9. JohnDa

JohnDa Well-Known Member

SportsTap FC's on me more than any other app, but still not that much. I have noticed that it FC's alot when I open certain other apps - it doesn't seem to play nice with others.

10. kratos

kratos Back on my throne!!! VIP Member

Have you been able to identify the apps that it doesn't play well with? I have attached a list of my apps and was just wondering if you have any of the the same apps. As I have never had a FC with Sportstap, I wonder if maybe we can identify the apps that conflict with Sports tap. If we can compile a list of those apps, this may be able to help the OP and everyone else in fixing the FC problem. We would also be able to send the list of conflicting apps to the Dev and possibly get a fix for the FC's.

AppBrain link for my installed apps: god_kratos's Apps on the phone

Kratos

11. JustROLLIN

JustROLLIN Well-Known Member

Live Scores is fantastic.

12. SoDroid

SoDroid Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

For me, it FCs whenever I go into another app that uses data, or sometimes its completely spontaneous. It'll happen when watching a movie and when its just charging on the dock.

It sounds like its the widget causing these problems but I don't know. I will remove the widget and see if the issue stops.

Score mobile is good! Just has an ugly widget lol. I'll check out live scores.

Thanks for the advice!

13. aarontharris

aarontharris Well-Known Member

Thanks, any suggestions for improvement are appreciated!

14. resident psyco

resident psyco Well-Known Member

I use sportstap widget and it fc's alot for me also. but I did notice that whenever I use anything with flash, especially kongregate, it fc's almost instantly. Hopefully there will be an update to fix it soon.

15. otter

otter Well-Known Member

It's totally incompatible w/ froyo. It used to fc occasionally before I rooted and upgraded to froyo, however now that I have it's worthless. Too bad because it was my favorite. I never used the widget either FWIW

16. SukDeezNutz

SukDeezNutz Well-Known Member

I use it everyday with no issues. ScoreMobile has a better widget, but no notifications which makes it pointless IMO!!

17. lexluthor

lexluthor Well-Known Member

I never had any issues. I liked sportstap more than both scoremobile and espn scorecenter.

18. tpspeier

tpspeier Member

I've noticed that when I have a weak signal that Sportstap locks up and one of two things happen. Either the entire phone freezes and I have to reboot or I am able to FC, but then the phone won't sleep so I still have to reboot. I've stopped using it because some of my usual spots have weak signals and I got sick of rebooting.