Does Sprint charge you for using Wi-fi?

Last Updated:

1. killeronly001

killeronly001 Active Member This Topic's Starter

Somebody told me they charge over $30, but this guy doesn't know what's the difference between Wi-fi and Hotspot. I am pretty sure the Hotspot cost around $30, but is Wi-fi free? or do they charge extra for it. I turned mine on, and put it through the internet connection that I use in my house, so are they gonna charge for that?

I would ask them myself, but i am not really in the mood to go through the whole customer service crap. So can you guys help me out if you know?

Advertisement
  2. backdown

backdown Well-Known Member

No, that would be absurd, and they would have no way to actually track it since you are using your services. Now, if a company you went to (lets say you went to McDonalds and they started to charge for wifi), then yes.

3. BenChase7

BenChase7 VIP Member VIP Member

The use of Wi-Fi is free

4. killeronly001

That's what I thought. So if I use my own connection at the house, or a connection at Starbucks or at college, then I shouldn't be charged anything right?

5. BenChase7

BenChase7 VIP Member VIP Member

thats correct,,, wi fi is free. :)

6. Painkillaz

Painkillaz Well-Known Member

it really pissed me off back in the day when I would get charged for using wifi on my HTC mogul when i didn't have a data plan...i'm glad sprint has changed their policies

7. killeronly001

Thanks a lot guys. I thought it's much better to ask here instead of going through customer service, and half the time the person you talk to doesn't even know what the hell is going on. I am not picking on Sprint, that's how it is almost everywhere, at least based on my experience.