Does sprint suck or is it just me?

Last Updated:

1. neversatisfied

neversatisfied Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I just posted a new status on facebook, and stayed on there for 10 minutes. My phone is set up to receive the comment updates. On facebook someone left me a comment 2 minutes after i put it there and my phone got it 7 minutes later...

Come to think about it, I barely get any text from facebook... Does the hero have some sorta delay? or could it just be sprint? I have wifi and mobile on so idk how this would work at all.

Advertisement
  2. mysticmead

mysticmead Well-Known Member

no.. sprint doesn't suck... Verizon on the other hand does.. before I dumped them I could send a status update to FB via text and it MIGHT show up.. most of the time it was 12 hours later..

3. awrnsmn

awrnsmn Well-Known Member

Just you....I love Sprint personally....quality service, great prices.

4. kennyidaho

kennyidaho Well-Known Member

Have you ever thought that it's possibly facebook? I know as of lately myself and others have been having issues with not just the Android/iPhone facebook apps but also the facebook website it's self.

5. mysticmead

good point..FB has recently rolled out a new look/interface and the entire site has slowed down a LOT..

6. astrobill

astrobill Well-Known Member

There are about 100 possible reasons for the problem you report, ranging from the HTC phone, the android OS, the Facebook interface or site, incorrect phone or app settings on your part, etc.

It's a bit irresponsible to title your thread "Does Sprint suck...." etc. Your issue probably has nothing to do with Sprint, per se.

Personally, I've been with Sprint since 1999. Although their customer service has been spotty at times, and sometimes there are delays with some SMS or MMS messages, the network and connectivity have generally been great.

Also, Sprint doesn't lobotomize the phones or remove features provided by the manufacturers the way Verizon often does. A case in point was the Sprint Motorola RAZR V3, which kept a LOT of customization and advanced features with the Motorola stock software...in contract, Verizon replaced the Motorola software on the RAZR with their own carrier-designed crapware, which made the phone much less customizable and harder to use.

Also, Sprint's data plan costs and phone upgrade loyalty deals are universally-acknowledged to be superior to other carriers now.

I'd say check all your update frequency settings in the phone and talk to Facebook as well.

R,
    Astro

7. COMOEd

COMOEd Active Member

I'm inclined to assign the blame for delay to Facebook. I guess you get what you pay for, but they are somewhat ridiculous in loosing updates (made from my laptop).

8. aclearman037

aclearman037 Active Member

Agreed with most... With everything you've mentioned, Sprint seems to be the strongest link. It's either a facebook issue, or android is just slow to update.

9. Grinder16

Grinder16 Well-Known Member

7 whole minutes before you got the comments from your facebook update???? Come on... So many variables there and you want to blame the carrier.. It seems facebook changes weekly, you are making those changes over AIR and 7 minutes for refresh.. Maybe you need to look at how often you are set to update. Maybe facebook had a problem.. next time, please choose a more appropriate title for your thread. Oh and its just you

10. i VTAK

i VTAK Well-Known Member

Just switched to Sprint a few weeks ago from regional carrier that sold out to AT&T. So far I love my new phone and I haven't had a problem with service yet.

11. imb951

imb951 Well-Known Member

It's just you... clearly you're never satisfied.

12. neversatisfied

When I meant by the title as "is it sprint or the phone?" I remember having my Instinct and i'd get the updates instantly, but this was also before the new layout.

And my phone lagged last night after someone called 20 times, idk if that was Fresh or just android OS.

I personally don't blame sprint. I have been a loyal customer for about 4 years going on 6 since I got my HTC Hero. It's very cheap for us, we have 4 lines, 1500 minutes, Unlimited text, unlimited data, GPS, family locator, and we pay like $160 or less a month. I have been comparing it to AT&T and jesus. Just for 1 iphone and 2 free phones, only 1 phone gets free data, and all get unlimited text, it would be over $200. That is only for 3 lines. Sprint is byfar the best service I have ever used. Get 5 friends on your plan and it gets even cheaper because you all split the bill. We can now have a 10 line plan.

The cool thing is their Free mobile to any mobile. Call any cell phone and you're basically free. So outta 1500 minutes, 4 lines, we barely use 300 minutes a month. Its amazing.

But yea I think it is facebook.

PS: Its just a title :p

13. mysticmead

if you want a real price shocker.. try comparing verizon to sprint for the everything data family share with 4 lines (the plan you have) to somethign at least similar on verizon.. now keep in mind that on sprint you have 4 lines that could all be smartphones.. so add that in on verizon.. I added TEC for 2 phones since that's what I have with sprint.. verizon will cost you almost $300 a month.. and that's why I dumped them for sprint...

14. neversatisfied

Qwest used to use the Sprint towers but then switched to Verizon and as soon as we saw those prices we flipped and left that qwest crap in a heart it. We're very happy with Sprint. I don't think ill ever switch. Besides, sprint is getting some good phones now a days. If companies keep using the Android OS, i think everybody will enjoy any phone provider. iPhone is basically a thing in the past now thanks to google buying android and making it popular.