Does Swype Lite not work with 2.1 ver.2General

Last Updated:

1. coolerinthecorner

coolerinthecorner Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

:( Ok! Just a little confused here. Does Swype Lite not work with 2.1 ver.2 leak. I've followed everyones instructions and can even go through the Swype tutorial but the choice of keyboards doesn't show up when I try to send a text or e-mail. All I get is the stock keyboard. Am I doing something seriously wrong here? This is somewhat fustrating because I prefer Swype by leaps and bounds. I'd buy it from the market but it's not available. I know some will send me to other posts with instructions, but I have tried them ALL. I just can't get it to work. Any suggestions? Thanks everyone.:eek:

Advertisement
  2. K0CAW

K0CAW Well-Known Member

Hmm...under Settings --> Locale & Text, are you able to check "Swype"?
    Next, when you get to a text box inside the SMS/Mail programs and long press, do you get a dialog box that allows you to "Select input method"?
    If so, is Swype not appearing there, or are you getting an error?

Forgive me if you've done these things numerous times already...I'm just catching myself up with where you are.

3. coolerinthecorner

:)Thanks. Just got it to work following a long press on the text box after restarting the phone. This is only the fourth time I've gone through the process. I'm GUESSING the restart had something to do with it as I had done that before with no success. It's nice to see my preferred keyboard back. Thanks again for your response K0CAW. I DO Love this forum. Great people here.

4. dirtmouth

dirtmouth Well-Known Member

well heck THANK the helper person then .....just a thought...i mean there is a button.... tee hee

5. coolerinthecorner

AHHH.... Yeah... a button. Didn't see that one. Not as smart as I thought I was. Nice dig.

6. hookem

hookem Well-Known Member

Just saw Swype featured on a commercial for Samsung Omnia2 on verizon. They rave how they just broke the world record for fastest texting. Swype rocks...

7. theboo7

theboo7 Well-Known Member

is there any way to change it from being blue to like the default grayish or white?im currently runing the litee

8. bixler777

bixler777 Well-Known Member

i'm running the latest Eris 2.1 upgrade, but i can't find swype in the Market. is it there, and i'm just not looking in the right place(s)?

thanks.

9. theboo7

theboo7 Well-Known Member

its not a market app because it wasnt meant for our phoneee:)

10. homerpez

homerpez Well-Known Member

It can be found in a super-secret place... (search the Eris forum for "Swype" and it might show itself) ;)

Thanks for the clarification on how to get this thing to work... I'd never tried it before, and it's not exactly the most user-friendly path to get it to work.

Now that it does work, I can't see going back to "normal". Although it seems I have trouble with double-letter words (like "Swype is preTTy cool") but I guess it comes with practice. :p

11. W4LLY

W4LLY Well-Known Member

Swype beta works fine for me.

12. bixler777

bixler777 Well-Known Member

well....so 'super secret' that i can't seem to find out where to get it, despite 'searching' through 19 pages of posts on the topic. :) (ok, maybe i'm blind, but hey.....) lol

can anybody help please? if it'll work with the eris with the 2.1 leak, i'd like to use it.

13. homerpez

homerpez Well-Known Member

14. davros

davros Well-Known Member

It works just gotta "search" ;)

Sent from my Eris using Tapatalk

15. hookem

hookem Well-Known Member

16. o2bmudn

o2bmudn New Member

LMAO @ hookem. I dowloaded it last night on my eris running 2.1, it is not only working, it is pretty amazing.