• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Does the Admire support the SPP Bluetooth profile?

MM4444

Lurker
Mar 9, 2013
I am going to be replacing the stereo in my car with one that supports Pandora Radio control/playback over Bluetooth. The specs say my phone needs to support the SPP BT profile. The official Samsung page does not have it listed, however, other sites (for reviews and comparisons of the Admire) DO list the Admire as having SPP support. So...I don't know which to believe. I've tried installing various system information apps, but none give the info I need. Does anyone know for sure? Thanks.

I purchased the Alpine CDE-HD138BT radio almost a year ago, and Pandora works with it. However there seems to be a known glitch on the Android side that makes it unreliable when connecting. Pandora help says it doesn't like rooted phones, but I didn't start using it until after I rooted my Admire, so I have no way to test that theory. If your phone isn't rooted, and you can find your radio for testing at a local Big Box store, see if connects without any trouble. I can connect most of the time, but pull my hair on those occasions that it won't. Hope this helps, good luck.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones