• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Does the Atrix have built in Note and Recording app?

Come with a built in sound recorder or/and note app?
First off, please put a full title in the thread name as many people will ignore posts that lead off with half a question. I almost skipped it myself.
:rolleyes:
As for the quetions, I'd be curious to know the answers too. I've seen video reviews, but I haven't seen any note or memo apps on the Atrix. Wondering if there are widgets like the built-in Notes app on HTC phones?

Upvote 0
I just went through my atrix and I didn't see any note or voice recorder apps on the phone. But there are so many on the MP I wouldn't worry about it. I've only charged the phone 2 times and I just got 14 hours out of it with quite of bit of playing games, texts, about 45min-1 hour of calls. That's way better than the ego 4g I tried.

Upvote 0
I just went through my atrix and I didn't see any note or voice recorder apps on the phone. But there are so many on the MP I wouldn't worry about it. I've only charged the phone 2 times and I just got 14 hours out of it with quite of bit of playing games, texts, about 45min-1 hour of calls. That's way better than the ego 4g I tried.
Thanks for the feedback.

As for a Notes app or widget, does anyone know if there is one similar to the iPhone app where you can easily create and EDIT the notes? Most apps I've tried kinda suck because of all the steps to create the note, then edit it later - a pain in the butt. I just want a simple Notes app like the one on the iPhone or the HTC widget which stays open and is always a quick page flick away.

Upvote 0
I use ColorNote and love it. You can create a check list, which crosses out the item when pressed. (I use this when grocery shopping). You can create a text note. This is good for taking notes and looks just like notepad paper, with lines. You can back up all your notes to the SD card automatically or manually. You have different ways to list your post-it notes in the actual app. You can password protect post-its that have sensitive materials on them. For the post-its that you use often, you can place on your home screen as a widget. (It even has the number of items highlighted for check list post-its) You have 9 different colors to choose from and can even send/share a post-it by e-mail or text. You can even set up a reminder.

Using this app, I never need to carry around pen and paper anymore. For example, when shopping, I have both the calculator and check list open. (I just switch back and forth to each app.) I have a grocery and house iteams post-it. You can press a checked off iteam to uncheck it again. (This way you don't have to re type the same list over and over again.)

Reactions: Rozensator
Upvote 0
There appears to be a sticky note application and sound recording application already on the phone however it is not show up on the apps but I had to go to manage applications setting...then all apps. I found the sticky note running even though I have never used it. I can't find where to access it since I can only find it in one area either of them. It is really odd. meanwhil camera application has been getting an error message when we go to save a photo after adjusting brightness. it says there are symbols in the file name that are not recognized. Thats not accurate. Any suggestions appreciated.

Upvote 0
I also found it curious that I could not locate a sound recording app native to android. I'd use that feature so seldom that I can't really be bothered downloading an app just for that unless I have to. Is there actually a sound recording app native to android OS? I haven't seen that question answered yet. All I've been able to learn so far is that there is a capability built in to android but no UI, which means you have to DL an app that has a UI from MP in order to use it. Correct?

Upvote 0
hands down..Catch is the best!
I am new to all this and you've lost me. What is Catch?
I am starting to wish i'd bought an HTC. Flashlight, recording, etc. I can't seem to do anything but work with this stupid phone. The type is too small to see or too large for the screen. I've taken pictures that weren't saved but didn't know until later. I miss my Blackberry. HELP PLEASE. A friend has an HTC. She got it a month or two before I got my Atrix. She recorded her grandpa playing banjo and uses it as her answer tone. I want to do that too....not her grandpa but you know. Thanks:thinking:

Upvote 0
Hi Rozensator and welcome to Android Forums :)

I don't understand your reply. Please explain.
You can find just about any apps you can think of on the Android Market. Most people prefer that the OEM (manufacturers) don't pre-install apps that they don't use and take up the phone's precious memory.

I am new to all this and you've lost me. What is Catch?
I am starting to wish i'd bought an HTC. Flashlight, recording, etc. I can't seem to do anything but work with this stupid phone. The type is too small to see or too large for the screen. I've taken pictures that weren't saved but didn't know until later. I miss my Blackberry. HELP PLEASE. A friend has an HTC. She got it a month or two before I got my Atrix. She recorded her grandpa playing banjo and uses it as her answer tone. I want to do that too....not her grandpa but you know. Thanks:thinking:

Searching the Android Market. I found a few recorders that will covert the audio into a ringtone. This one seems like the best one based on reviews and not as many intrusive permissions.

Tape-a-Talk Voice Recorder: https://market.android.com/details?id=name.markus.droesser.tapeatalk&feature=search_result
The reviews are pretty good :)

When looking for apps on the market, make sure you read the comments and the permission before you download it.

In my signature, there's a link to a really good Beginner's Guide to Android thread. I would recommend that you read it as you're quite new to Android :)

Upvote 0
As you now know from other responses, the Atrix does come with a sticky note app but it is very limited. I've tried both Catch and Evernote and ended up buying Evernote (I bought Premium because it can back up your photos on their servers). I think the desktop app is better and it will easily sync with phones and PCs. The one thing that Evernote doesn't do very well is ToDo lists (it has them but they are very limited).

I hope this helps! HankAtrix

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones