Does the click support flash?

Last Updated:

1. Buck Shot

Buck Shot Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have an N1 and I know that they are making flash for 2.0+ so I figured Wifes Cliq would support it. I went to comcast.net which has flash and clicked on some videos and then it asked to get adobe. I click it and it says operating sytem and or browser does not support adobe flash. How do I get flash. Sorry if its a duplicate thread. I search.

Advertisement
  2. InitialG

InitialG Well-Known Member

nope, not yet anyway.

3. Coltknows

Coltknows Active Member

Nope! No flash for Cliq. This is why I'm buying either a Nexus One or paying the ETF and getting the Droid. Any phone that doesn't have an ARM v7 processor or better will not be able to handle 10.1. Like the Nintendo Wii, it can only run Flash Lite (diet flash). Maybe we'll get Flash Lite 4 or 5, but IMO, Lite is nothing but a space hog.

4. dzine2fit

dzine2fit Well-Known Member

Aww too bad :(

5. clevetbs

clevetbs Active Member

the cliq will have flash 10 when 2.1 is released for the device...

6. Coltknows

Coltknows Active Member

Incorrect. It has nothing to do with 2.1. Even if the droid ran 1.5, it would still be capable of flash. Adobe has stated that no phone with an older processor than ARMv7 will get it, because the processor can't handle it. This comes from adobe themselves, not a customer. Saying 2.1 will bring flash 10.1 is like saying your remote starter for a 2010 Chevy Camaro will also start a stock 1969 Chevy Camaro. I hate it, but its not gonna happen.

7. clevetbs

clevetbs Active Member

the uk tmobile hero run the same processor as the g1 and it has full flash infact it was the first device to be able to run it and have it.. the cliq has the same processor so yes it can run it.

8. VR Gear

VR Gear Member

Coltknows is right that Adobe said that Flash Lite would only be available on phones with certain CPUs. Let's just hope they decide to change their decision. In an ironic twist, Adobe used a phone in their announcement demo video that supposedly won't be getting it, either. Gotta love it.

9. clevetbs

clevetbs Active Member

that was a G1 that they use to demo the software...

Motorola Cliq Processor Qualcomm MSM7201A
    Processor Clock Speed 528 MHz

HTC G1 Processor Qualcomm

10. Coltknows

Coltknows Active Member

If the UK version has it, then why doesn't the US version? Again, I'll believe the maker before I believe the consumer on an unreleased product. Until I see it with my own eyes, I call bullshit. Besides, even if it does run, its likely buggy as hell. If your cliq is rooted, try uploading a UK Hero ROM and let us know, with proof, how well it does.

11. clevetbs

clevetbs Active Member

ok havent you notices that the usa alway get the crap of all the worlds best device. FCC at fault. but htc hero software cant work on the cliq because of hardware maping for the buttons. yes it is buggy but it worked i have used it and you can go to xda dev and see that it does work where dev ported it... but i feel u if u dont want to believe... cant win every one and i dont expect to. i am just saying from my past use and test that i have ran and done on my own...

this is a forum (a passing of aquired information and help not rants) that how i see it... some one ask i gave a valid answer...

proof of flash on hero june 24 2009 http://www.htc.com/www/press.aspx?id=103536&lang=1033

the hero run the same processor as the g1 and the cliq and the mt3g and samsung android devices

VR Gear likes this.
  12. VR Gear

VR Gear Member

Well stated.

13. clevetbs

clevetbs Active Member

Welcome VR Gear,

now does the cliq support flash? the correct answer is yes (it has the hardware power to support it and all the abilities for it to run on the core of the device) but the software side is not full able till 2.1 os comes out. Adobe designed it to work with the new kernel of the device it is the code that tells the os part what to do and what hardware are available to use. kinda like the handoff between 16bit realmode dos to 32bit vertual mode of windows.

do we know if 2.1 will include it? no we do not but it does support it...

14. clevetbs

clevetbs Active Member

This is for you Coltknows lol

Motorola Droid & Cliq Getting Android 2.1, Droid to Get Flash 10 | Android Central

Don't worry Droid & Cliq owners, you're not going to be left in the dark. Motorola also announced that they'll be bringing both the Motorola Droid & Motorola Cliq to Android 2.1. Which means we should be able to enjoy all the goodies that made the Nexus One so jaw-droppingly sexy on our Motorola Android phones. We're definitely interested in seeing Motoblur and Android 2.1 interact, but that's a discussion for another day.

But the news doesn't stop there for Droid owners. Not only will they receive Android 2.1 but Motorola has been working on Flash 10.1 integration and has optimized it for the Droid chipset, which means yes, your Droid will soon have official Flash support. On top of that, the Droid should get a second maintenance update in the near future. Score big for Droid.

Since yesterday wasn't such a good day to be a Droid owner, today is shaping up totally different! What do you guys think?

15. Coltknows

Coltknows Active Member

Droid & Cliq to get 2.1, Droid to get flash. Notice it didn't say & Cliq to get flash. Even if it can run on the Cliq, it'd be slow and buggy. Heads would almost explode from frustration. If we want flash, we must either root or upgrade to Droid or better. That's ok, though. If Moto makes the Bing dl required, I'm getting the N1. I don't want extra space taken by something I'll never use. And what if I can't select defaults?

16. clevetbs

clevetbs Active Member

they both are getting flash and no it will not be buggy 528mhz process to 550 not that much speed difference if the the htc devices can run it at the same processor speed 528mhz and less internal ram then the cliq and droid can run it as well...
    besides i wouldnt mind rooting my cliq as it already is... for other reasons... i honestly dont care for flash on my device if i want to watch a video the youtube player does it then there is also television app that allows me to watch the news... i dont see why anyone will want it but it is coming for the devices...
    man this is pointless...

17. Coltknows

Coltknows Active Member

Some people want flash to view flash content on websites, others want to play flash-based games. I just want the full potential of the internet in the palm of my hand (and I do like to browse websites that use flash).

We'll see who is right before July 1st. But I do agree that this is pointless.

18. clevetbs

clevetbs Active Member

i say u want to play web based game get a netbook and put it in your pocket... tether it to your cliq there you go full web abilities...

i tether all the time it make all the difference of a small device... true ppl want it... ppl want to be pissed on as well... so that will be their problem...

19. benmarvin

benmarvin Well-Known Member

The CLIQ XT has Flash Lite and there's at least one custom ROM out there that has ported it successfully to the CLIQ. Handler Exploit's Blog

20. rachelm920

rachelm920 Active Member

Yeah! I can play farmville from my cliq soon!! :) LOL

21. rob41195

rob41195 Member

Im not exactly sure when the Cliq will recieve flash but it does support it. The Skyfire browser is in beta testing for android as we speak and it supports flash content. it works absolutely fantastic on the HTC HD2 and im sure will also work great on the Cliq but definitely a little slower