Does the display scratch easily ?General

1. you2

you2 Well-Known Member

For folks who have had the resound a week or so does it scratch easily ? I've not found any drop or scratch tests on the inet and it is not clear what kind of glass they use (though I'm sure it is hardened).

I'm the sort of person who will not use a case and want to be able to drop it in my pocket and not worry about it (usually a coat pocket). And yea I normally put my keys in the other pocket.

Advertisement
    :
  2. rustyhokie

rustyhokie Active Member

I have been carrying mine in either coat or jeans pocket. I have not placed a screen protector on it yet. If in the jeans pocket there is a leather wallet in same pocket. No issues with scratches.
    you2 likes this.
  3. VTENGR

VTENGR Well-Known Member

Been carrying it around naked in my jean pocket w/ no issues. Did the same with my DINC and never had any significant scratches (just a very minor one that was hardly noticible in the corner of the screen).
    you2 likes this.
  4. SPD

SPD Well-Known Member

Same experience here. Had it for a week carrying it with no case or screen protector. I'm extremely careful though, but no scratches. Would still like to know just how strong the glass is though so I can have a little more peace of mind.
    you2 likes this.
  5. CaseyKees

CaseyKees Well-Known Member

i have no case or screen protector. i have a scratch on mine. it lasted about a week. it is about 1/4" long and it's fairly deep. it is not too noticeable when the screen is on only when it's off. i have no idea how i did it, but i can tell you i just kind of throw it in my purse, so my guess is that it was my keys or something. i try to be careful, but it just didn't happen! i'm not too upset about it anymore. it is what it is. i love love love my phone though!! :)
    you2 likes this.
  6. kishin14

kishin14 Well-Known Member

I don't think the screen scratches easily either, but I didn't want to take any chances and have a screen protector on mine. No case though.
  7. SPD

SPD Well-Known Member

Can anyone recommend a good screen protector for this phone?
  8. weihl165

weihl165 Well-Known Member

+1
  9. FragDroidX

FragDroidX Well-Known Member

The screen scratches fairly easily. I would recommend a screen protector for the Rezound.
    you2 likes this.
  10. soccermom17540

soccermom17540 Well-Known Member

I just ordered a Zagg from past experience but others have recommended Steinheil - I'm just not patient enough to wait on them to get one for the Rezound.
  11. you2

you2 Well-Known Member

Easier than the Razr ?

12. Ken7

Ken7 Well-Known Member

Probably since the Razr uses Gorilla glass.
  13. FragDroidX

FragDroidX Well-Known Member

Yes. Much easier than the Razr.
  14. DroidAV8R

DroidAV8R Well-Known Member

I emailed SGP Store this morning about the Rezound. This is the response I got; no Steinheil for us:(:

[FONT=&quot]Dear xxxxxx,[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Thank you for contacting SGPstore.com Customer Service Department.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Hi, my name is Peter from SGPstore.com.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Unfortunately, we do not have any plan of making accessories for [/FONT][FONT=&quot]HTC Rezound at this time.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Please check our website time to time for future update.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]If you have any additional questions, please do not hesitate to contact us again. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Thank you.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]=================================================================[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] SGP - Stylish People's Good Partner[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]=================================================================[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Customer Service Representative,[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] - PETER[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]info@sgpemail.com[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]www.SGPstore.com[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
  15. sundog1973

sundog1973 Member

Plans will change when they see how popular this thing gets. :cool:
  16. nelamvr6

nelamvr6 Well-Known Member

I have not noticed any scratches on mine at all. I wouldn't say that the screen scratches easily. I think that if you take just a bit of care you wouldn't need a screen protecdtor.
  17. odock

odock Well-Known Member

Knock on wood i have yet to scratch this ridiculously beutiful phone... I had the bionic and carried it naked all the time and it supposedly had gorrilla glass on it but by a week into it there were tiny little scratches all over the piece of crap. Im pretty darn happy with the screen toughness on the rezound so far!
  18. vzwuser76

vzwuser76 Well-Known Member

Do you have one of those emery boards floating around in that purse? If so I'd bet that is the culprit. I read somewhere that sand can scratch most any glass, even gorilla glass.
  19. Gravytrain

Gravytrain Well-Known Member

Zero scratches for me so far... I'm babying this thing big time though, just incase I trade her in for the nexus.

How have your back plates been holding up? Any scratches?
  20. misan23

misan23 Well-Known Member

I just, for science, put my car keys to my screen. Nothin but a near heart-attack. If i had a video camera I would record it for you all, but i bet someone did it on youtube already. I will say that compared to the D2 (which was Gorilla Glass) this screen feels more...soft? I can't really describe it, maybe the D2's glass was thicker or something.
  21. nelamvr6

nelamvr6 Well-Known Member

OK, no, you don't "try to be careful", you "kind of throw it in your purse"...

That's why your screen is scratched.

If you actually did "try to be careful" you may very well not have a scratch right now.
  22. you2

you2 Well-Known Member

I just wanted to check again if folks (who do not use a screen protector) have had issues with scratches ?
    -
    Now that the gnexus is out it comes time to buy a phone. Still debating between the three but I'm leaning towards the rezound (yesterday it was the razr; but to be honest I prefer the razr sound quality and reception but think I would be happier with the rezound - wish it didn't have icq)
    -
    Please don't get hung up on the comment above but do fill me in on scratch/cracked/no scratched displays !
  23. Kane5581

Kane5581 Well-Known Member

Um why would you not have a screen protector? If its put on correctly and isn't junk it doesnt hurt anything, the screen on this phone is too sensitive anyway it may help with that. Me I got a full body skin and a tpu case, I plan on getting $200 for this thing in 2 years, just sold my dinc for $120.
  24. you2

you2 Well-Known Member

Not really relevant to the question; but in all my usage of touch screen devices and protectors; protectors really hurt the visbility and response. I tend to not use case or screen protectors; though perhaps I might consider a tpu case on a super thin device.

25. VTENGR

VTENGR Well-Known Member

I've had my phone since Nov 17th, no screen protector, no case, and have yet to notice a scratch. I Keep the phone in my front pocket with nothing else.