Does the Droid X come with a class 6 card?

Last Updated:

1. Crimsongost

Crimsongost Active Member

I know it comes with a 16g micro SD card, however does it come with a class 6 or a class 2 16g micro SD card ?

2. CRPercodani

CRPercodani OFWGKTA VIP Member

I'm gonna guess it will be Class 2 just like the original Droid had.
  3. Vihzel

Vihzel Destroying Balls Everyday VIP Member

It will definitely not come as Class 6. Reason?

4. tx_brandon

tx_brandon Well-Known Member

Class 2. Better for profit margin and 99% of buyers will never know the difference between class 2 and class 6 so its not worth Motorola to cut into profits by using class 6. Econ 101.
  5. ylexot

ylexot Well-Known Member

Somebody on HoFo said that it comes with a class 4.
  6. Chango99

Chango99 Well-Known Member

Hm makes me feel better that my Class 6 8GB won't go to waste then (that I bought for my incredible which I will be returning.)
  7. SiXiam

SiXiam Well-Known Member

8. Does it really make that big of a difference? I mean what exactly is going to be the difference between say a class 6 and a class 2? I mean i know faster write speeds but other than that what are the benefits of class 6 vs class 2?
  9. e5116

e5116 Well-Known Member

You answered your own question. The difference is speed. What's the difference between a 500 mhz and 1 ghz processor? Speed. It's up to you if that makes "that big of a difference." Some people want the fastest speeds possible; others are more willing to wait.
  10. tsanuri

tsanuri Well-Known Member

Except for the fact as he pointed out it is write speed not read speed. So the differnence is only really when files are being transfered to it not read from it.
    ckochinsky125 likes this.
  11. To be honest its write speed not read speed so i guess if u are always in a hurry for something then a class 6 would be better. U cant really compare processors since they make how fast something actually runs
  12. dirkbonn

dirkbonn Well-Known Member

I've checked the Droid X Launch package and the picture in it of the memory card definitely shows Class 2.
    Crimsongost likes this.
  13. e5116

e5116 Well-Known Member

True true. I'll admit my comparison clearly wasn't fair as the processor speed is far more important than the write speed of your sd card. :D For most, the difference in write speed isn't all that important, but some just feel the need for speed in everything they do.
  14. I know what you mean. it is the same as always wanting the newest thing that comes out even if it is only a very minor step up from what you already have
  15. HopeofCarter

HopeofCarter Well-Known Member

Don't cards also play a role in caching? or whenever its used that is.
  16. Phantom_LS2

Phantom_LS2 Well-Known Member

Quck question regarding this micro sd card. Will it come with anything preloaded? Or will it be blank? Quick question is I already have a 16gb class 6 that I want to switch out with.
  17. Crimsongost

Crimsongost Active Member

Thanks for all the input. to answer some ones questions above yes it is only for write speed however when you are taking video or pictures it makes a difference. other wise yes on paper it will make a difference but in real life you would never know a class 2 from a 6.

Thanks again

Patiently waiting for an X!
  18. jreed2560

jreed2560 Well-Known Member

The usually do, but as stated in a few reviews, the X will use the internal storage for apps, and application data (ie caching) the memory card will be used solely for media