Does the Droid X have an oleo-phobic screen?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by kcs7272, Jul 22, 2010.

1. kcs7272

kcs7272 Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2009
    Retired Martial Arts Instructor. Now-Poker Player.
    (Pittsburgh sort of)Jeannette ( West Newton as of
    Does the X have an oleo-phobic screen coating? I must say it wipes down really easy. I thought I read somewhere pre-release that it did. If you know, let me know! :)

Advertisement
  2. Phoenix Zero

Phoenix Zero Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2010
    Web Designer
    Oleo-phobic as in it resists oils? If so, yeah, it looks like it. My fingers aren't that greasy but my screen looks pretty clean other than very light fingerprints. I have a microfiber cloth around to wipe it down occasionally to keep dust from sticking to the oils and scratching the screen.

3. deftdrummer

deftdrummer Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2009
    I wipe mine occasionally as well, but it appears to be made out of the same screen material as the original Droid.

4. butthead007

butthead007 Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2009
    I have to work?
    I don't think so. That would have been a feature listed in the launch kit and it wasn't so i would say no.

5. irishpride

irishpride Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2010
    Emerald City
    I've had my fair share of smartphones and none have been as fingerprint resistant as the DX, coming from the Inc, it's night and day. The Inc was a fingerprint magnet, I was constantly wiping it down, but not the DX. Even if it doesn't have an oleo-phobic screen coating, it seems like it has something preventing all the dust, grease and fingerprints from covering the screen.