Does the Droid X have an oleo-phobic screen?

Last Updated:

1. kcs7272

kcs7272 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Does the X have an oleo-phobic screen coating? I must say it wipes down really easy. I thought I read somewhere pre-release that it did. If you know, let me know! :)

Advertisement
  2. Phoenix Zero

Phoenix Zero Well-Known Member

Oleo-phobic as in it resists oils? If so, yeah, it looks like it. My fingers aren't that greasy but my screen looks pretty clean other than very light fingerprints. I have a microfiber cloth around to wipe it down occasionally to keep dust from sticking to the oils and scratching the screen.

3. deftdrummer

deftdrummer Well-Known Member

I wipe mine occasionally as well, but it appears to be made out of the same screen material as the original Droid.

4. butthead007

butthead007 Well-Known Member

I don't think so. That would have been a feature listed in the launch kit and it wasn't so i would say no.

5. irishpride

irishpride Well-Known Member

I've had my fair share of smartphones and none have been as fingerprint resistant as the DX, coming from the Inc, it's night and day. The Inc was a fingerprint magnet, I was constantly wiping it down, but not the DX. Even if it doesn't have an oleo-phobic screen coating, it seems like it has something preventing all the dust, grease and fingerprints from covering the screen.