Does the Epic's keyboard have a Tab key?

Last Updated:

1. steveholtam

steveholtam Member This Topic's Starter

I've tried looking at the videos and pics, but I am unable to see if there is a Tab key. The Tab key is very nice for completing online forms and logins. The original Touch Pro had this key, but they ditched it on the 2nd version.

Anyone know about this yet? Or does Android have another way for tabbing?

Steve

Advertisement
  2. hbz

hbz New Member

My guess is that even if it doesn't come with a TAB key, you'll be able to re-assign another key for that use. Just a guess though- I've never used Android before but I know it's very versatile.

3. Kittyfae

Kittyfae Well-Known Member

There are some virtual keyboard that have where the enter key would be just move to the next field. I've found this pretty erratic though, since from my testing it only does it for text input fields. So for example, you have a search box on a page, then below that is a drop down menu, the enter key would be for the form's enter key rather than move down for the drop down box. I suppose they assume you will just use the touchscreen mostly for navigation.

As per the physical keyboard, it does not have a tab key.
    Samsung Epic 4G Photos (Phone Arena)

4. Eazail70x7

Eazail70x7 Well-Known Member

It doesnt need it. I have a Moment and you simply use the arrows to move to each text field in the same way tab would. I think this is more flexible too

5. Bigprimo

Bigprimo Well-Known Member

And I must add that the Moment has the best keyboard I have used on a device including most blackberrys!

6. steveholtam

steveholtam Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks for the info about the arrow keys. On my Touch Pro 2, the arrow keys on the keyboard do not move to the next form entry space. It is very annoying having to click each box manually so I can enter my name and password.