• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Does the Galaxy S III outweigh iPhone 4S?

Justinyao

Apr 27, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S III main specifications:
CPU: 1.4GHz Exynos quad core
RAM: 1GB
Screen: 4.8 HD Super AMOLED, 1280x720
Camera: 8.0 M + 1.9 M

Apple iPhone 4S main specifications:
CPU: Apple A5 dual core
RAM: 512MB
Screen: 3.5 inch IPS, 960 x 640
Camera: 8.0 M + 0.3 M

Samsung Galaxy S III main specifications:
CPU: 1.4GHz Exynos quad core
RAM: 1GB
Screen: 4.8 HD Super AMOLED, 1280x720
Camera: 8.0 M + 1.9 M

Apple iPhone 4S main specifications:
CPU: Apple A5 dual core
RAM: 512MB
Screen: 3.5 inch IPS, 960 x 640
Camera: 8.0 M + 0.3 M

Why don't you wait and compare the Galaxy S III to the next iPhone?

Upvote 0
People don't buy IPhones for their specifications otherwise they would have jumped ship a long time ago. IPhone owners buy it for the OS. Really, 3.5" screen, 3G, etc. why? It's the OS that sells the phone.
That or they are financially trapped by the amount of apps they would have to repurchase on Android that they have already purchased on IOS. Buying a new phone is one thing, but throw in another $100+ for all those apps they have collected over the years, they would probably just get another iPhone. I have a lot in my android apps and would consider the changeover cost if i were to ever jump ship to apple.

Reactions: thelastdraco
Upvote 0
Apple could easily match and beat the Galaxy S3, the question is do they need too?

They could just go with faster Dual Core A9, same GPU in the new iPad and a new design with slightly larger screen.

Too be honest that would be enough, clock it in the 1.4-1.5GHz range, optimize the software and they have a winner.

It's sad but that is all they need to do, the fans will buy it regardless.

Reactions: apk x64
Upvote 0
Apple could easily match and beat the Galaxy S3, the question is do they need too?

They could just go with faster Dual Core A9, same GPU in the new iPad and a new design with slightly larger screen.

Too be honest that would be enough, clock it in the 1.4-1.5GHz range, optimize the software and they have a winner.

I don't doubt they can do just that. But that might easily ruin the battery advantage on iPhone if not done carefully. iPhone4S with just 800Mhz A5 took roughly 30% hit on battery life from iPhone4.

Upvote 0
I kind of doubt Apple can launch iPhone5 in June, especially if they want to equip it with LTE radio. They will probably launch it in early Fall like iPhone4S did last year.

According to industry news, Qualcomm is having trouble with production of S4 processor, new LTE radio chips on 28nm process of TSMC. They have hard time meeting demands for S4 chip as most phone makers are jumping on it. So their new 28nm LTE radio compatible with non-snapdragon AP will be somewhat delayed until Fall. I think this is the same issue that delayed Exynos/LTE combo as well as LTE iPhone5. So I guess Samsung will go all out with Exynos/LTE from Q4 or Winter. That's good timing for next Nexus.

Upvote 0

They could keep the same specs that are in the 4s, change the shape a little and people would still buy it lol.

Upvote 0
I kind of doubt Apple can launch iPhone5 in June, especially if they want to equip it with LTE radio. They will probably launch it in early Fall like iPhone4S did last year.

According to industry news, Qualcomm is having trouble with production of S4 processor, new LTE radio chips on 28nm process of TSMC. They have hard time meeting demands for S4 chip as most phone makers are jumping on it. So their new 28nm LTE radio compatible with non-snapdragon AP will be somewhat delayed until Fall. I think this is the same issue that delayed Exynos/LTE combo as well as LTE iPhone5. So I guess Samsung will go all out with Exynos/LTE from Q4 or Winter. That's good timing for next Nexus.

yeah june is absolutely not happening. will hit in the fall. hopefully we'll have a new nexus by then :D

Upvote 0
It's not because of Apple, they bought those chips long before the Galaxy s3 or the One Series/LTE Evos were announced. They get first dibs on ANYTHING they want as soon as it comes out. Thats what happens when a guy in a turtleneck walks into your plant and says I have 2 billion dollars on me right now give me your new chip as soon a sit's tested. That's pretty much how Apple dominates the supply chain.

The reason they cant make them fast enough is because they have zero competition in the US market no other chip can compare in benchmarks and still have LTE. With the US phone industry pushing everything into LTE as soon as possible they're probably swamped with orders.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones