Does the HTC EVO V 4G have an FM tuner?Support

1. nnickn

nnickn Active Member

And if so, does it use connected headphones as the antenna?

Advertisement
  2. jerofld

jerofld Fixing stuff is not easy VIP Member

The Evo 3D does and it requires a pair of headphones with a cable in order to operate. So I would imagine the Evo V also has the similar set up.
  3. agianne

agianne Well-Known Member

The Virgin Mobile USA HTC Evo V 4G User Guide doesn't make any mention of an FM tuner. If the Evo V has an FM tuner, then it's not documented in the User Guide.

The Sprint HTC Evo 3D User Guide, on the other hand, specifically mentions the FM tuner and includes detailed instructions on how to use it.
  4. swerver32

swerver32 Well-Known Member

There isn't an FM Radio app included. I found one in the app store but I can't make it work. Since this is literally the same phone, I'm pretty certain the fm radio is in there. Just don't know how to make it work. Also, I noticed if I adjust the volume with the app open, it says "FM Radio Volume".
  5. 3matthew13

3matthew13 Well-Known Member

confirmed working

apk of htc radio app

Attached Files:

6. OverByter

OverByter Resident Slide Rule Guru

7. swerver32

Yup that did it, works great now, thanks! No need for the market app I mentioned now.
  8. 3matthew13

Glad I could help... Google is my friend... LOL

Least I know to install it when I FINALLY get my Preorder tomorrow!
    mdsuave13 likes this.
  9. 3matthew13

Did you just install the APK or the ZIP file? Just curious
  10. swerver32

apk, using easy installer from the market.
    IcRedeye likes this.
  11. DanielM426

DanielM426 Well-Known Member

Do you need a seperate installer? I've gotten apps installed just by emailing myself the apk as an attachment, downloading it, and the built in apk installer does everything from there
    rickh4c and KryptoNyte like this.
  12. swerver32

Yeah if that works then I guess you don't. I know you can do it with adb too, probably other ways too. Whatever works!
  13. 3matthew13

Cool, looked like the rest of the files in the ZIP from that thread were useless... does the Radio have a widget for launcher?
  14. swerver32

I don't see a widget in the widget options list.
  15. GreyCelt

GreyCelt Well-Known Member

Yup, works great! I downloaded the zip file from the thread, unzipped it using ES File Explorer, and installed the APK. I inserted the headphones, opened the FM Radio app and it works flawlessly! Great find guys! Thanks!
  16. qu4ttro

qu4ttro Well-Known Member

Why does it need SMS/MMS access? Or the ability to write contact information?
  17. OverByter

OverByter Resident Slide Rule Guru

It needs those permissions so that it can lower the radio volume when you receive notifications.
    jgriner likes this.
  18. nfs13epic

nfs13epic Well-Known Member

19. EdAndInn

EdAndInn Well-Known Member

:D

Why the EVO V did not come with apk file for FM Radio pre-installed? Is there a patent issue with Apple or Microsoft or Nokia?

These carriers and phone companies can work together and make our life easy by provind software or apk files for every hardware included in the phone. That will save us a lot of trouble!

:D
  20. crippyman

crippyman Active Member

This may sound like a dumb NOOB question but will App installer work?
    And where do I put the apk file? I take it I have to hook phone up to computer, just dont want to screw up phone. sorry for such a nooob question..
  21. Jargin

Jargin Well-Known Member

Does anyone know if there is an app to tune into HD stations?
  22. mastersoup

mastersoup Well-Known Member

23. Thanks given
  24. Kilo70

Kilo70 Well-Known Member

I just emailed it my phone and it installed from there.You will get a popup box to change settings for Apps.Check the install from unknown sources or some such.But it installs quick after that!
    Sounds really good and clear.Actually better than my old Sandisk Mp3 player.
    Thanks folks!!!
    ChamFamDad likes this.
  25. airforcechief

airforcechief New Member

Installed HTC FM app and radio works well. Thanks